Seat Counters - 2023/24

I had a SC for years but gave it up 2 seasons back. I was in FA and European cup schemes too. I go to home games when i can but I've gotten used to watching games on TV now. When i do go i appreciate watching the game more now than i did when i had a SC. I'll always love City and I'll continue to watch every game live or on TV. And because I've weened myself off the matchday fix i may even watch some games in my bivvy whilst I'm out fishing.
Not sure what a bivvy is pal but enjoy it

That's assuming most matchday ticket buyers will stop going when success dries up, they won't most matchday ticket buyers a rough guess 75% are normal long term fans that are no different to any S/C holder.

Doesn’t really matter but I doubt those figures are close to accurate to be honest.

The club claimed recently that there were 120,000 match day members.

If 90,000 of those were loyal long term fans, I doubt they’d be struggling to sell out a few thousand surplus tickets like for Burnley last week. Even at £60 a pop on a cold January night.

The club don't give shit our fanbase is changing because it's all extracting as much money out of supporters as possible and diehards are slowly being replaced by affluent tourists and that's what the club wants.

Khaldoon has said several times in his end of season speech that local supporters are important yet every season bar one they've put SCs and match tickets up. When people are struggling to meet ends meet to eat and heat their houses it's not easy to afford to attend games as tickets fuel parking food and drink have all gone up. We're making millions from trophy money, TV money advertising revenue and corporate money right now so fleecing fans should not be happening.

When our success dries up(and it will) we'll struggle to fill our stadium, especially when north stand is finished. It might suddenly dawn on them that the tickets are too high but some supporters won't be tempted back because it's easy and convenient to watch games on TV. City are playing a game which may backfire on them, i hope they take heed and listen to us.
Good post, and the bolded bit in particular is spot on. Once people get out of the habit of going to games, many of them won't get back into it. The club need to be careful - they're largely getting away with it at the moment because we've had so much success under Pep and fans all over the world want a piece of us. However, Pep isn't going to be here forever and we'll never have a manager as good as him IMO, so there will be an inevitable drop-off when he's gone, regardless of who replaces him.

Our match-day ticket prices for league games are often higher than United's and Liverpool's these days. City could actually increase match-day revenues through other means without continually increasing ticket prices. The new City Square as part of the expanded North Stand is one such example. That should bring in a shit load of extra revenue which in turn ought to help keep ticket prices down.

Doesn’t really matter but I doubt those figures are close to accurate to be honest.

If 90,000 of those were loyal long term fans, I doubt they’d be struggling to sell out a few thousand surplus tickets like for Burnley last week. Even at £60 a pop on a cold January night.
Those 120,000 are the cityzen members,around the world, I'm talking about the members that attend games, think I saw somewhere a while ago there were about 75,000 different ticket buyers in a season,could be mis remembering that figure. So about 35.000 cittyzens that go to games, Those are the people I'm taking about, as I say its about 2 or 3 years ago I saw that figure may have increased a bit,

But not everyone has £60 to pay for a single ticket mate..
I'm being honest and I've had a season ticket since 1974/5 season..if I had to pay £60 for every game I wouldn't do it even if I could afford it..it is just fucking greed from the club .
As other fans always say you are the richest club in the world..but I say our fans aren't..most of our fans are normal working class people with mortgages ever increasing bills kids etc..the club need to factor this into the pricing.
Just to clarify things I wasn't having a pop at you mate

With regards to price: I take 3 lads with me, none of whom are able to buy season tickets so I go match to match.

I've been waiting for Seat Exchange to get them tickets for this game and a few appeared yesterday - £49 for a child. This is the first time ever I considered not paying it. £150 for three kids for what is probably not really even a "CAT A" type game. It's simply too much.
What age are the 'lads' ?

But not everyone has £60 to pay for a single ticket mate..
I'm being honest and I've had a season ticket since 1974/5 season..if I had to pay £60 for every game I wouldn't do it even if I could afford it..it is just fucking greed from the club .
As other fans always say you are the richest club in the world..but I say our fans aren't..most of our fans are normal working class people with mortgages ever increasing bills kids etc..the club need to factor this into the pricing.
Just to clarify things I wasn't having a pop at you mate
That is what I pay for CL finals and nothing else (bar £70 for FAC Final).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.