Seat Counters - 2023/24

I hope when the NS is expanded that you have the opportunity to purchase STS for the lads Dave. My lad always wants his mate to come along to games, but it’s very rare three seats together are available. Unfortunately my scepticism tells me there will be no new STs in the expanded NS, maybe some Silver ones, but most seats will be for matchday ticket buyers. It may maximise revenue for City, but long term it will backfire.
They've been to every game for three seasons now and we've never been able to sit together. I will certainly be buying them a season ticket then.

Even more annoyingly, my Dad and his mate have season tickets right next to me, they are both in their 80s and I suspect this is their last season. There will be no facility for me to transfer those tickets to my lads and they'll just go on sale for every game again.

That’s exactly the issue in a nutshell, and I’m in the same boat.
It may not be a problem for members who live a long way away and want to make a pilgrimage to a match once or twice a year, but for those of us who live closer and/or want to go ourselves more often, and/or take relatives who aren’t season ticket holders, it’s a massive deterrent.
Without being an arse about it, i can afford it no problem. But most home games this season, whilst they love to go, they've wanted to leave early and said it was "a bit boring" because, well attack v defence and winning 3-0 witha flat atmosphere is not "edge of the seat" stuff. I just took the call that I'm not paying it for this particular game.

Surely ‘fans’ around the world wouldn’t generally be forking out the £30 a year, or whatever it is now, to be match day members would they? Which is what I’m pretty sure City were claiming there’s 120,000 of.
Think there are,yes. they get their packs, scarf, discount from the online shop and have that link to the club.

Can only speak for myself, but I’m in that category, and chose not to shell out that kind of money for that fixture.

I hope it’s not coming across like I’m having a pop at anyone here? I’m not.

The point I’m clumsily trying to make is that if there were anything like 90,000 who were shelling out £30 each year with the intention of buying tickets on a reasonably regular basis, that the 8,000 or so surplus tickets for all league games would be flying off the shelves in double quick time every week I’d have thought?

We know its not the sheik setting ticket prices so who is actually making these decisions?
There must be a person who says yes lets go ahead with this,who is it??
This is not one person. I'm afraid it comes with the territory. We are the best run club in world football, hence the success, and part of being a well run club is maximising profits. It's as brutal as that. And out matchday and corporate revenue is not as good as our competitors.

No problem mate. I’m similar. If season tickets suddenly didn’t exist and I was asked to pay £60 a pop each week, I doubt I’d be bothering very often either.

But while theres always going to be a few people with exceptional circumstances, virtually every long term fan who does want to go to every home game, will have a season ticket.
Yeah most long term blues have season tickets but there's a fair few who have let them go because of circumstances and I doubt the vast majority would be able or willing to pay £60+ for a league game with the exception of a chance of us winning the league etc.
The powers that be who set the prices are trying to get every possible pound from fans which is understandable in some ways but they should also remember that we won't always have Pep and be winning trophies so alienating fans isn't a great idea either.
I feel so sorry for younger fans who would love to go to games but apart from the odd cup games unless their parents have deep pockets they have no chance.

Yeah most long term blues have season tickets but there's a fair few who have let them go because of circumstances and I doubt the vast majority would be able or willing to pay £60+ for a league game with the exception of a chance of us winning the league etc.
The powers that be who set the prices are trying to get every possible pound from fans which is understandable in some ways but they should also remember that we won't always have Pep and be winning trophies so alienating fans isn't a great idea either.
I feel so sorry for younger fans who would love to go to games but apart from the odd cup games unless their parents have deep pockets they have no chance.
I have a few friends who have had to give up their season tickets for various reasons over the years and now feel priced out. Most of them can afford to pay silly money but refuse to do so on principle (which I agree with).

They still pick up the occasional cheaper tickets through other sources but don’t go to half the matches they want to due to the matchday price set by the club. Burnley being a prime example. £60+ was simply too much so it was given a swerve. Brentford can be bought for £30 and so quite a few of my mates have snapped them up. Not rocket science is it?

All true mate.

The days of a bunch of school mates deciding on a Saturday to jump on a bus for 2p and another 25p to pay in the ground are long gone I’m afraid.

Not even sure they’d let an unaccompanied child in the ground, even with a ticket these days?

All true mate.

The days of a bunch of school mates deciding on a Saturday to jump on a bus for 2p and another 25p to pay in the ground are long gone I’m afraid.

Not even sure they’d let an unaccompanied child in the ground, even with a ticket these days?
I think under 14s have to be accompanied by an adult. Long gone are the days of young kids crawling under the turnstiles to get in the Kippax.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.