Seat Counters - 2023/24

With regards to price: I take 3 lads with me, none of whom are able to buy season tickets so I go match to match.

I've been waiting for Seat Exchange to get them tickets for this game and a few appeared yesterday - £49 for a child. This is the first time ever I considered not paying it. £150 for three kids for what is probably not really even a "CAT A" type game. It's simply too much.
Thats crazy money.

As others have said I worry about our local working class fan base being driven away, anyone who went to this seasons CS v Arsenal will know what this would look like at home games if this continues.

Tourists wet their knickers when Haaaland just runs down the touchline warming up so we are at a peak atm and Peps a hard act to follow.

Thats crazy money.

As others have said I worry about our local working class fan base being driven away, anyone who went to this seasons CS v Arsenal will know what this would look like at home games if this continues.

Tourists wet their knickers when Haaaland just runs down the touchline warming up so we are at a peak atm and Peps a hard act to follow.

That was the weirdest football crowd ever.

I’ve no idea how I’d categorise them. Apparently at least one in each party needed to be a member.

I’m pretty confident you won’t be seeing any of them anywhere near the Etihad anytime soon though. Aside from maybe another Real Madrid semi.

Good post, and the bolded bit in particular is spot on. Once people get out of the habit of going to games, many of them won't get back into it. The club need to be careful - they're largely getting away with it at the moment because we've had so much success under Pep and fans all over the world want a piece of us. However, Pep isn't going to be here forever and we'll never have a manager as good as him IMO, so there will be an inevitable drop-off when he's gone, regardless of who replaces him.

Our match-day ticket prices for league games are often higher than United's and Liverpool's these days. City could actually increase match-day revenues through other means without continually increasing ticket prices. The new City Square as part of the expanded North Stand is one such example. That should bring in a shit load of extra revenue which in turn ought to help keep ticket prices down.
The habit comment is very true.

Ive had my season ticket since I started work and could afford one (FOC alert) and I must admit if I think the crowd is going to be down I go to the game out of a sense of duty. Think this comes from when we were shit, backs to the wall etc.

Burnley was a good example, would have preferred to watch on TV as both my lads couldnt go due to work. If tickets had been at a premium I would have just gone to the pub and watched it.

Outside of European games I dont do many aways nowadays as we sell out and I got out of the habit.

We know its not the sheik setting ticket prices so who is actually making these decisions?
There must be a person who says yes lets go ahead with this,who is it??

But not everyone has £60 to pay for a single ticket mate..
I'm being honest and I've had a season ticket since 1974/5 season..if I had to pay £60 for every game I wouldn't do it even if I could afford it..it is just fucking greed from the club .
As other fans always say you are the richest club in the world..but I say our fans aren't..most of our fans are normal working class people with mortgages ever increasing bills kids etc..the club need to factor this into the pricing.
Just to clarify things I wasn't having a pop at you mate

No problem mate. I’m similar. If season tickets suddenly didn’t exist and I was asked to pay £60 a pop each week, I doubt I’d be bothering very often either.

But while theres always going to be a few people with exceptional circumstances, virtually every long term fan who does want to go to every home game, will have a season ticket.

Those 120,000 are the cityzen members,around the world, I'm talking about the members that attend games, think I saw somewhere a while ago there were about 75,000 different ticket buyers in a season,could be mis remembering that figure. So about 35.000 cittyzens that go to games, Those are the people I'm taking about, as I say its about 2 or 3 years ago I saw that figure may have increased a bit,

Surely ‘fans’ around the world wouldn’t generally be forking out the £30 a year, or whatever it is now, to be match day members would they? Which is what I’m pretty sure City were claiming there’s 120,000 of.

Maybe the Ticket Exchange shouldn’t be guaranteed to pay out for games like Everton. The coach I help to run to the games will be running at at least £100 loss this weekend. It was looking like closer to £200 but I’ve managed to source tickets for Blues who don’t always get the chance to go to boost our numbers. We are making up the shortfall with a raffle.

I like the Ticket Exchange but Blues who use it are endorsing the Club’s match day prices. I’ve no real issue with that. I’m just stating a fact.
First time I've ever put tickets on there....but I certainly won't be using it again, even though previous attempts to move spares on have failed through other channels such as on here ("lesser fixtures" don't seem to have the appeal, even at way below face value).

Doesn’t really matter but I doubt those figures are close to accurate to be honest.

The club claimed recently that there were 120,000 match day members.

If 90,000 of those were loyal long term fans, I doubt they’d be struggling to sell out a few thousand surplus tickets like for Burnley last week. Even at £60 a pop on a cold January night.
Can only speak for myself, but I’m in that category, and chose not to shell out that kind of money for that fixture.

With regards to price: I take 3 lads with me, none of whom are able to buy season tickets so I go match to match.

I've been waiting for Seat Exchange to get them tickets for this game and a few appeared yesterday - £49 for a child. This is the first time ever I considered not paying it. £150 for three kids for what is probably not really even a "CAT A" type game. It's simply too much.
That’s exactly the issue in a nutshell, and I’m in the same boat.
It may not be a problem for members who live a long way away and want to make a pilgrimage to a match once or twice a year, but for those of us who live closer and/or want to go ourselves more often, and/or take relatives who aren’t season ticket holders, it’s a massive deterrent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.