Seat Counters - 2023/24

I'll qualify this before getting jumped upon - I'm not assuming we will make the final, but this is what I think the situation is SHOULD we make the final:

I reckon anywhere from 16-18,000 will go to those on the cup scheme. I'm not sure how many more have signed up to the scheme than did in 2022/23, but I think it was quite low last season. In an allocation of 19,000 for Istanbul, after OSC and hangers on, I reckon roughly 13,000 went to points/scheme. Everyone on the scheme who wanted one got one, but there were plenty who got them through people on the scheme who didn't travel. My guess is that nearly full utilisation of the scheme took place, suggesting we had 12,000ish on the scheme. It sold out quickly after the scheme but people paid top dollar.

This time I think we have more on the scheme but not as many as people make out. Just look around at a CL game - how many regulars do you see? If we've 5,000 more on the scheme then I think we may just about satisfy everyone on the scheme.

My own opinion is that nobody on the scheme should go without at the expense of the OSC. If that happens then it is disgraceful.
What we need is a Seat Counter who logs in the first minute of sales for a home CL game like @M18CTID did for Wembley. Then we’d have an idea on how many are on the scheme. You might be right that it’s less that 25k.

What we need is a Seat Counter who logs in the first minute of sales for a home CL game like @M18CTID did for Wembley. Then we’d have an idea on how many are on the scheme. You might be right that it’s less that 25k.
Well I just work on the basis that 25,000 on the scheme would indicate that every other seat in the stadium is occupied by a scheme member. Just anecdotally that seems very high to me. We have 36,000 ST holders, so if someone said to me that half of them are on the scheme then I'd find that believable. Late teens, I reckon. But I could be wrong. Would be nice if the club spared us the guesswork and just published the number, but that would provide a level of transparency that could cause them problems down the line in the event of not everyone being eligible.

As well as 20,000 last year via the club, there were an extra 3,000 that went to Blues from another channel. Can you remember how, I’m sure I remember you posting about it at the time?

At the start of the season, someone who’s name I forget but I do remember was the type who was normally pretty knowledgeable and not your average bullshit merchant, stated on here that he’d had reliable info that a record number had joined the Champs. League scheme this season. Presumably with Wembley in mind.

I can’t remember the figure but it way higher than I would have ever thought as a top end guess.

i would hazard a guess at less than 20000 on the champions league scheme, basing that on the fact come champions league night the season ticket holders around me are largely replaced by tourists
Same around us , it’s not just the odd one its rows of them .

Just crossing over with the other thread on this topic, the stadium plan shows that a very significant proportion of the ground will be designated as category 1 and 2 tickets. This means that a large number of fans will be expected to pay £430 or £610. This, I believe, will rule out a great many people.

At the start of the season, someone who’s name I forget but I do remember was the type who was normally pretty knowledgeable and not your average bullshit merchant, stated on here that he’d had reliable info that a record number had joined the Champs. League scheme this season. Presumably with Wembley in mind.

I can’t remember the figure but it way higher than I would have ever thought as a top end guess.
Yes I remember that. Someone did have the figures from a City matters meeting or something. @Corky is good at figures like this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.