Seat Counters - 2024/25

I’m struggling to understand this. Are you/ the club saying that they intentionally hold back tickets until the points have dropped, so that people on lower points can nip in and snap them up at the expense of those on higher points?

That’s kind of defeating the whole purpose of having a points system isn’t it?

Or am I completely misunderstanding?
Every Wembley game tickets are held back for sure. Not just the level two FA returns.

Every Wembley game tickets are held back for sure. Not just the level two FA returns.

Yeah but that’s for a different reason to how I’m reading this. Don’t think there’s ever been a normal Wembley game where every season ticket hasn’t been able to buy a ticket has there?

I reading this like tickets are being held back for lower pointers at the expense of those with more points.

Yeah but that’s for a different reason to how I’m reading this. Don’t think there’s ever been a normal Wembley game where every season ticket hasn’t been able to buy a ticket has there?

I reading this like tickets are being held back for lower pointers at the expense of those with more points.
They are not being held back for normal away matches.
Whether the full entitlement of 60% goes on sale is another matter.

No worries - that's what I'm here for!

This has been raised with the Club a few times. As a regular away attendee, via the ticket points route, it's incredibly frustrating

If I remember correctly, the Club have always indicated that they don't necessarily add the full allocation on at once, in order to allow those down on the points ladder to also access a wide variety of options.

That said, people are clearly right to be concerned as it is patently obvious that tickets continue to fall into the wrong hands. And whilst things like the full allocation not showing on the website, or the countless tickets that appear on third-party resale sites, continue, I think it is quite understandable for fans to be sceptical.

None of this, of course, is helped by the complete lack of transparency on away sales. I have asked for clear information to be published time and time again, to no avail. In case people weren't aware, the breakdown should be 60% to ticket points holders (inclusive of 5% to the 18-25 allocation and around 3% for the junior pull through), 15% to the Official Supporters Club, 10% to hospitality, and 5% to the club, friends and family.

Very happy to keep at the Club on this one.
20% to the supporters clubs

Well that’s not what the City Matters guy appears to be saying.
Well he's wrong just like he was wrong with his percentage allocation to each group.
What I did find interesting was his comment (if he is correct)that the entire allocation of junior/ 18/25 ,comes out of the loyalty points scheme .
We were initially informed this allocation would be sourced equally from across the 4 groups that qualify for tickets.

Last edited:
That response from the club about holding tickets back is nonsense. That may be the case with Wembley where there are big differences in ticket prices - but is completely irrelevant for the 19 PL away games all at £30.

We’ve seen big batches appear for Wembley finals but to my knowledge not seen hundreds appear for away league games.

Their silence in responding to the real question tells you everything you need to know about them dishing away tickets to the highest bidders.

Why the secrecy ? A big percentage is being hoovered up by agencies to flog at ridiculous inflated prices often to supporters of the home team.

What is so difficult about answering how this is happening ? Unless they are the cause of it !

It appears that whilst OSC may receive their 20% and every other group receives their percentage, points holders do not receive 60%, in some cases it’s nearer 35-40%. My guess is that agencies for some games receive around 500 - 600 tickets. Flog them for £200 and split it with the club equally and an agency takes 50-60k per away game. Multiply that by 19 and that’s a tidy sum. Then factor in home games and cup games and we are talking millions. Club also makes a tidy sum over a season.

That response from the club about holding tickets back is nonsense. That may be the case with Wembley where there are big differences in ticket prices - but is completely irrelevant for the 19 PL away games all at £30.

We’ve seen big batches appear for Wembley finals but to my knowledge not seen hundreds appear for away league games.

Their silence in responding to the real question tells you everything you need to know about them dishing away tickets to the highest bidders.

Why the secrecy ? A big percentage is being hoovered up by agencies to flog at ridiculous inflated prices often to supporters of the home team.

What is so difficult about answering how this is happening ? Unless they are the cause of it !
It is no coincidence in my opinion that city follow live football tickets on twitter etc, city are the biggest touts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.