Seat Counters - 2024/25

This isn't something that happens overnight, but each season we'll see tickets struggle to sell more and more, as @M23 Citizen pointed out, even comparing this season to last season there has been a reduction in demand.

20 years ago my nephew was in school and loads of kids in his school went to watch city each week. Now my lad is in school, and he's pretty much the only one in his class who goes to games.

That may not be a problem tomorrow, or in a few years time, however in the Long Run that could turn out to be a huge issue when older fans start going and there's no younger fans to replace them.
My grandson who's 15 years old been a season ticket holder 10 years and throughout his different school classes as only come across 3 other regular match going football fans.and one of them is Rochdale. Kids are priced out nowadays.

My grandson who's 15 years old been a season ticket holder 10 years and throughout his different school classes as only come across 3 other regular match going football fans.and one of them is Rochdale. Kids are priced out nowadays.
So a lot of kids at my lads school have actually started going to watch Stockport regularly, with the cheaper tickets. And a lot of these are kids in City families.

We've just won the league 4 times in a row, we should be hoovering up all these youngsters, but we're not. We're turning them away with high prices

My brother and a friend of mine have given up City season tickets and go and watch Radcliffe FC instead. You can only blame City pricing for this. I have still got a season ticket but this year I've given up the cup games, first time since I've been going in over 45 years. I swore to myself one more price rise and I'm done. It really is a shame what pricing choices have made for real, local Manchester fans.

What are the rags doing right because they seem to fill the swamp for games or is it simply because there are 659 million of the fcukers?

What are the rags doing right because they seem to fill the swamp for games or is it simply because there are 659 million of the fcukers?
Because they got there first when we we're really shite. They had Beckham who married a spice girl and we was in the second division.

On a UCL night it is definitely not 90% regulars. The Watford game was a pretty good example of what these nights would look like if it weren't for the tourists.

I'm not suggesting we're going to get relegated or even finish outside of Europe, but once the drop off does happen we will see a lot more games struggle to sell out.

And you think the prices for Sparta Prague aren't too high? The cheapest seats (Non Cup Scheme) are £30, for a nothing category C game.

These should be the games where the next generation of Blues should be attending a falling in love with city as we all did, however at those prices it just isn't feasible for a lot.
You do know that teams in league 1 charge £30

I'm sure you did, but I don't think there are particularly many like you.

Over the past 5 years I've seen regular match goers get priced out and start watching in pubs, or at home, and many have started going to watch Stockport or Oldham instead.

And whilst they still all bleed Blue and White, the truth is they're not going to get back into the routine of going week in week out again.
Stockport and Oldham...city fans you say ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.