Seat Counters - 2024/25

On a UCL night it is definitely not 90% regulars. The Watford game was a pretty good example of what these nights would look like if it weren't for the tourists.

I'm not suggesting we're going to get relegated or even finish outside of Europe, but once the drop off does happen we will see a lot more games struggle to sell out.

And you think the prices for Sparta Prague aren't too high? The cheapest seats (Non Cup Scheme) are £30, for a nothing category C game.

These should be the games where the next generation of Blues should be attending a falling in love with city as we all did, however at those prices it just isn't feasible for a lot.
Exactly this, it’s a dog shit fixture - get them down to £20 and watch thousands of people who otherwise couldn’t be arsed, flood in.

What happens if we don’t. We might not be a successful as we are now but we will still be fairly successful ,we’ll still attract big names. Still tourist stuff is just bollocks.Probably 90/95% of our match going fans are S/C holders and regular match day fans that go to a few games and have been going for years, and will still go when we drop off a bit.
Are there things to complain about yes , are some prices for some games too high again yes, though this weeks match isn’t one. This fantasy that it we will become mediocre and lose fans is just a fantasy. Nor wll any changes in personnel change anything.
90% season tickets equates to over 44,000 season ticket holders.
95% = over 46,500.

I’m not sure we have any more than 34,000 season ticket holders anymore.

I don’t think City have sold a new season ticket since Covid (might be before then, could be since 2019). Even if 750 season tickets aren’t renewed a season, after five years that’s 3,750 fewer season ticket holders… and I have a feeling it’s more than 750 a season that don’t renew as well.

It’s becoming increasingly noticeable that it’s not the same faces around me anymore from week-to-week. Even at away games it’s not the same faces.

On a UCL night it is definitely not 90% regulars. The Watford game was a pretty good example of what these nights would look like if it weren't for the tourists.

I'm not suggesting we're going to get relegated or even finish outside of Europe, but once the drop off does happen we will see a lot more games struggle to sell out.

And you think the prices for Sparta Prague aren't too high? The cheapest seats (Non Cup Scheme) are £30, for a nothing category C game.

These should be the games where the next generation of Blues should be attending a falling in love with city as we all did, however at those prices it just isn't feasible for a lot.
I think £30 is reasonable yes, there may be an argument for £25, but I’m not getting worked up over a fiver. Once the extension is done less games will sell out, but this obsession with games needing to sell out is a fairly recent thing., and if more than a few thousand are empty regularly then they will reduce prices it’s simple business economics.
My argument isn’t on pricing though, I expect we’d find areas of agreement on that ,it’s expecting anything changing either with success or people at the top that will suddenly force any changes, it’s just not very likely.

Exactly this, it’s a dog shit fixture - get them down to £20 and watch thousands of people who otherwise couldn’t be arsed, flood in.
It’s half term as well this week for Manchester schools, could have done £5 for kids for this game. Build a load of marketing around it and make it a night for the next generation.

It’s £15 for kids in my block tomorrow, that’s more expensive than United (£13) and Liverpool (£9) kids tickets are for Premier League games.

I’d rather have a load of annoying enthusiastic local kids in than a load of tourists.

Last edited:
95% = over 46,500.

I don’t think City have sold a new season ticket since Covid (might be before then, could be since 2019). Even if 750 season tickets aren’t renewed a season, after five years that’s 3,750 fewer season ticket holders… and I have a feeling it’s more than 750 a season that don’t renew as well.

It’s becoming increasingly noticeable that it’s not the same faces around me anymore from week-to-week. Even at away games it’s not the same faces.
No,my 90% was season tickets holders plus regular match day ticket buyers. Only a guess but there will well over 1000s of match day fans that go to 4 or 5 games a season and have been going for many years. My son and myself both matchday, both go to 6 ish games a year and there are thousands like us. We’ve probably been some of those faces near you, we’re Etihad nomads ,been all over, and neither will stop going when we aren’t as successful anymore.

It’s half term as well this week for Manchester schools, could have done £5 for kids for this game. Build a load of marketing around it and make it a night for the next generation.

It’s £15 for kids in my block tonight, that’s more expensive than United (£13) and Liverpool (£9) kids tickets are for Premier League games.

Spot on, but they're happy to sell fewer tickets but make more and go on a game by game basis rather than look at the positive of selling out by getting a load of kids and our future fan base in through the gates. Those kids, will undoubtedly have a great time and pester their parents to take them again and again so the long term gain is there.

Not true, I was priced out in the 90s and now I’m back because I can.
A lot of people drop in and out for financial or family reasons, moving away from the area. But I know plenty of City fans who have come back because their kids are grown up and they have more time on their hands. Meanwhile Manchester is a rapidly-growing City and new fans are arriving all the time. City have generally had a strong fan base even when we didn’t win things. Watching football as a sport drifts in and out of fashion as well. Some of our older fans are dying off. It’s a complex issue.

I think £30 is reasonable yes, there may be an argument for £25, but I’m not getting worked up over a fiver. Once the extension is done less games will sell out, but this obsession with games needing to sell out is a fairly recent thing., and if more than a few thousand are empty regularly then they will reduce prices it’s simple business economics.
My argument isn’t on pricing though, I expect we’d find areas of agreement on that ,it’s expecting anything changing either with success or people at the top that will suddenly force any changes, it’s just not very likely.
This isn't something that happens overnight, but each season we'll see tickets struggle to sell more and more, as @M23 Citizen pointed out, even comparing this season to last season there has been a reduction in demand.

20 years ago my nephew was in school and loads of kids in his school went to watch city each week. Now my lad is in school, and he's pretty much the only one in his class who goes to games.

That may not be a problem tomorrow, or in a few years time, however in the Long Run that could turn out to be a huge issue when older fans start going and there's no younger fans to replace them.

It’s £15 for kids in my block tomorrow, that’s more expensive than United (£13) and Liverpool (£9) kids tickets are for Premier League games.

I’d rather have a load of annoying enthusiastic local kids in than a load of tourists.
I agree with this. I used to enjoy those League Cup matches with cheap tickets and the atmosphere was great. That said I don’t think £30 is too much for a CL match. I think we will sell out tomorrow anyway. These days I think Haaland is the biggest factor in ticket sales. But there has to be a sensible compromise somewhere. The club has to develop and keep our working class community roots somehow.

95% = over 46,500.

They did sell some new Silver STs and allowed them to be renewed as full STs a couple of years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.