Seat Counters - 2024/25

What will happen after is gone is he'll be replaced and the new man will carry on implementing the strategy that is put in place by the owner and the chaiman. Same as when Pep leaves same now Txiki has left.
And what happens when we have a few bad seasons and lose a few big names, and the tourists aren't interested?

Are they going to keep "implementing the strategy" and charging £30-£50 for a UCL group stage game, expecting the local to fill the void, cause they'll be in for a nasty shock if they do

What's your justification then?

Do you think he's too daft to realise what's going to happen after he's gone, or do you think he's not remotely interested what happens by that point?

He's done a lot of good for the club, but our pricing strategy the last few years has been an absolute disgrace
Its a business, if we start getting empty seats, prices will drop, supply and demand.

Some haven’t cottoned on to this yet and aren’t thinking long term. They’re thinking short term like the club and there are too many who think the club get everything right n’all.

Our board clearly think no more than one season at a time when it comes to ticket pricing. Either that or they’re naïve and thought last season would just continue and be the norm ongoing.

This season has shown it because we had a massive increase in tourists wanting a bit of the treble winners last season but it’s already noticeable that just one season later the number of them has decreased back to pre-treble levels. But in that time we’ve either priced out some more core proper supporters or they’ve ditched Cup Schemes because their season ticket is more expensive.

I sit on the half way line, prime ticket, last season (after the lad next to me gave up his season ticket at the end of the treble season) it was a different foreign tourist next to me for most games (half the time not a City fan, sometimes a fan of the opposition) with two or three games all season where it didn’t sell. This season already there have been two games where that seat has not sold.

Just one year after the treble we haven’t filled the ground for one game yet this season. What will it be like when the time comes that it’s ten years since the treble or ten years since a league title or ten years since a trophy? Because those times will come eventually.

If you lose your core supporters because you haven’t shown loyalty to them, the club will have a 62k stadium to fill with those who have been able to afford to keep going minus all the tourists and core fans they’ve priced out. They’ll have a board meeting and one of them will say, ‘we should have looked after the core supporters better’ and they’ll all sit back in their seats with regretful grimaces on their faces.

Its a business, if we start getting empty seats, prices will drop, supply and demand.
Prices will never drop. It’s unlikely they’d even freeze.

When we used to get a lot of empty seats, prices just kept rising and rising. Some years the season ticket price rises were as high as 12% when inflation was no more than 1.3% and despite those being years where we used to get more empty seats than we get now.

And what happens when we have a few bad seasons and lose a few big names, and the tourists aren't interested?

Are they going to keep "implementing the strategy" and charging £30-£50 for a UCL group stage game, expecting the local to fill the void, cause they'll be in for a nasty shock if they do
What happens if we don’t. We might not be a successful as we are now but we will still be fairly successful ,we’ll still attract big names. Still tourist stuff is just bollocks.Probably 90/95% of our match going fans are S/C holders and regular match day fans that go to a few games and have been going for years, and will still go when we drop off a bit.
Are there things to complain about yes , are some prices for some games too high again yes, though this weeks match isn’t one. This fantasy that it we will become mediocre and lose fans is just a fantasy. Nor wll any changes in personnel change anything.

What happens if we don’t. We might not be a successful as we are now but we will still be fairly successful ,we’ll still attract big names. Still tourist stuff is just bollocks.Probably 90/95% of our match going fans are S/C holders and regular match day fans that go to a few games and have been going for years, and will still go when we drop off a bit.
Are there things to complain about yes , are some prices for some games too high again yes, though this weeks match isn’t one. This fantasy that it we will become mediocre and lose fans is just a fantasy.
On a UCL night it is definitely not 90% regulars. The Watford game was a pretty good example of what these nights would look like if it weren't for the tourists.

I'm not suggesting we're going to get relegated or even finish outside of Europe, but once the drop off does happen we will see a lot more games struggle to sell out.

And you think the prices for Sparta Prague aren't too high? The cheapest seats (Non Cup Scheme) are £30, for a nothing category C game.

These should be the games where the next generation of Blues should be attending a falling in love with city as we all did, however at those prices it just isn't feasible for a lot.

Not true, I was priced out in the 90s and now I’m back because I can.
I'd say the answer lies somewhere in the middle of what you've both posted. It's an indisputable fact that once they get out of the habit of going, some (not all) fans will never get back into the habit. Obviously, you're an exception to that but there are plenty of examples where it does happen. The club will do well to take notice of that, especially as they have 8000 or so extra seats to fill from next season. Too many core fans priced out combined with the inevitable drop-off in on-field performances when Pep leaves will have a detrimental effect on ticket demand.

Not true, I was priced out in the 90s and now I’m back because I can.
I'm sure you did, but I don't think there are particularly many like you.

Over the past 5 years I've seen regular match goers get priced out and start watching in pubs, or at home, and many have started going to watch Stockport or Oldham instead.

And whilst they still all bleed Blue and White, the truth is they're not going to get back into the routine of going week in week out again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.