Seb Larsson

Stillsy said:
Pigeonho said:
Stillsy, 21 appearances, 4 assists. I don't think that's great to be honest.

look who he is crossing them into fella, if hes hitting dzeko and lescott/kompany/yaya off corners then they will be put away.

Dont get me wrong im not saying he is the best player ever hes just a decent player that can put a mean ball in and will be very useful for us
Time will tell but I look at it in a rather snobby manner these days. Say Chelsea, Unit or Arsenal were short on numbers, do you think they would consider bringing in Seb Larsson to see them through to the end of the season? I don't, therefore if we have ambitions of being amongst those teams, and infact displacing a couple of them, we shouldn't either.

avoidconfusion said:
Is this guy REALLY better than SWP??
At the very least, he should be able to lower his head, charge straight forward, and lose possession 100% of the time as SWP does. So all in all we lose nothing in that equation.

We aren't going to be able to get the best players at this short notice, so we have to go for a safe, low commitment, available option - which is what Seb Larsson is.

No-one is trying to claim he's the best player in his position, but we don't have many options, and he's better than not bringing anybody in.

We can't get a plyer who will guarantee top three at this stage in the window - and if we tried, the prices both in terms of fee and wages would be astronomical.

I don't see what there is to criticise in this move - clearly we'd all like some top European winger to jump at the chance of joining us on dealine day, but its pure fantasy I'm afraid.

Pigeonho said:
Stillsy said:
look who he is crossing them into fella, if hes hitting dzeko and lescott/kompany/yaya off corners then they will be put away.

Dont get me wrong im not saying he is the best player ever hes just a decent player that can put a mean ball in and will be very useful for us
Time will tell but I look at it in a rather snobby manner these days. Say Chelsea, Unit or Arsenal were short on numbers, do you think they would consider bringing in Seb Larsson to see them through to the end of the season? I don't, therefore if we have ambitions of being amongst those teams, and infact displacing a couple of them, we shouldn't either.

and who would they bring in?

look at the state of spurs?!! they are a fucking joke last night they bid for Carroll, Negredo, Aguero, Rossi.

They are panic buying and no thought has gone into it at all. Chelsea united etc wouldnt be able to bring in anyone better than larsson

AJ has been a bit part for us this season, so i guess it makes sense we sign a fringe player with so little time in the wondow left.

Although it would have been nice to go after a longer term target... but we've not played with width all season.

A point that needs addressing in the summer, but certainly not an area we're suddenly going to overhaul mid season.

Stillsy said:
Pigeonho said:

and who would they bring in?

look at the state of spurs?!! they are a fucking joke last night they bid for Carroll, Negredo, Aguero, Rossi.

They are panic buying and no thought has gone into it at all. Chelsea united etc wouldnt be able to bring in anyone better than larsson
Like I say, time will tell but regardless of who is on the end of his crosses, 4 assists from 21 appearances isn't exactly awe-inspiring stuff. Maybe you are right though and Dzeko will nod in half dozen or so of those crosses. I think I could understand it more if AJ was a 100% first team regular, but we are essentially replacing a part time player with a player from Birmingham. Going to take a lot off the kid to convince me i'm afraid but like I say, i'm a transfer snob these days!

Some spoilt people on here! He's competent player reliable hard working to footed! Don't forget he's stop gap! If we get him you'll all be surprised how good he is!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.