Seeding for Champions League - City in Pot 3, not pot 4

Every team in pot 1 and 2 would of been delighted we got put into pot 3 and will be dreading drawing us. Let them fear us for once, we have nothing to fear anymore.

The only concern will be if City draw AC Milan from pot 2. If either Arsenal or Bayern fail to make it through the play-off round, Milan will be in Pot 1

None of the likely pot 4 teams should cause any problems. I wouldn't fancy Fenerbahçe but they are likely to be in the same pot as City.

The group of death would be Barcelona, AC Milan, City and Lille.

The easiest option would be Inter, Marseilles, City and Oţelul Galaţi.

The List will probably change.
The last qualifying round which includes B.Munich, Arsenal & Villareal will probably throw up a surprise so we will have to wait for that round to finish!

BigBlueNick said:
The last qualifying round which includes B.Munich, Arsenal & Villareal will probably throw up a surprise so we will have to wait for that round to finish!
It may well do, but the only way we'll move is up (if seeded teams above us are eliminated in the qualifiers of course) Our position in pot 3 is confirmed.

Would be nice to see Bayern eliminated though as it would push AC Milan out of pot 2 to pot 1 where I think as Serie A champions their position is more warranted and Lille will move into pot 3, a bit like us and Dortmund really, underrated considering we're in pot 3 and 4.

ste.sully said:
BigBlueNick said:
It may well do, but the only way we'll move is up (if seeded teams above us are eliminated in the qualifiers of course) Our position in pot 3 is confirmed.

Would be nice to see Bayern eliminated though as it would push AC Milan out of pot 2 to pot 1 where I think as Serie A champions their position is more warranted and Lille will move into pot 3, a bit like us and Dortmund really, underrated considering we're in pot 3 and 4.

City should move into pot 2 for next season if they qualify again and have a decent run next season. They should be more than a match for most pot 2 teams as things stand and be competitive with most pot 1 teams.

apparently, according to a Euro Club Index tweet, we could have reached 11th in the rankings.

"‎#ManCity will reach 11th place in ECI ranking if they win at Bolton AND Valencia lose vs. Deportivo La Coruña. #EPL #EuroClubIndex @MCFC"

Chinley Blues Jr said:
apparently, according to a Euro Club Index tweet, we could have reached 11th in the rankings.

"‎#ManCity will reach 11th place in ECI ranking if they win at Bolton AND Valencia lose vs. Deportivo La Coruña. #EPL #EuroClubIndex @MCFC"

But that will have bugger all effect on their UEFA Coefficient which only uses performances in European Competitions over a five year time horizon.

What is the point in having this list when we don't even know who will be in the draw for the group stages yet?

We should fear nobody. We've spent big money to be in the Champions League, we're there, why get there only to fear the competition. That's the reality of the Champions League and the competiton we are ow in. We HAVE to compete with the Barcelona's, Real Madrid's, AC Milan's, Bayern Munich's etc of the world if we're going to be successful. No point sitting here thinking, "Oooh I'd hate it if we got them".

Great thread only if we can all salivate as we ponder the various group scenarios. If this isnt a sticky, I will bump this thread until August 25th!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.