Semi Date

bluwes said:
If we go out of the Europa on Thursday our semi will be played at 5.30 on Saturday 16th April

Says who? It seems the FA meets on wednesday to decide so as thats before our kiev game and before we'd know of our potential opponents next round ( therefore no way could they look at swapping any europa game to another day) seems pretty nailed on it'll be sunday i think all that needs deciding is the ko time & i suspect they'll push for it to be as early as possible giving less chance for everyone to hit the booze and an earlier ko say around 1 would keep 60000 fans out of central london whilst theres kids, families & the world watching the london marathon

Failsworth_Blue said:
irishblue said:
We've done it already this season - we played the first leg of the Aris game on a Tuesday, with a 5.00pm kick-off on a Champions League night. Everton done the same last season, so it's a possibility.

My apologies, you're right. Certainly a possiblity then

Unlikely because they could be playing on Wednesday too, lets sneak through first, then worry about when we play the next round. The semi should just be sorted out for the Sunday, neither of the other semi finalists are in europe (even if we aren't by Friday) so both can play Saturday, The Arse V Scouse game is 10 miles away, and the marathon nowhere near wembley, London accommodates hundreds of thousands every weekend without any fuss, so just make it Sunday and get on with it.

The club said tonight at the Points of Blue meeting that a decision will be made possibly Thursday night or Friday. The OS says to check back on Friday. It seems to hinge on our result on Thursday. I know the prospect of City, Yoonited and Red Dippers all goig down on Sunday isnt good, but neither is us playing Thurday (possibly away) in Europe, then the Semi on Saturday.

akcity said:
The club said tonight at the Points of Blue meeting that a decision will be made possibly Thursday night or Friday. The OS says to check back on Friday. It seems to hinge on our result on Thursday. I know the prospect of City, Yoonited and Red Dippers all goig down on Sunday isnt good, but neither is us playing Thurday (possibly away) in Europe, then the Semi on Saturday.

I think we'll be on the Saturday, so we avoid the Marathon and Arsenal vs Liverpool.

They'll move our Europa League game (if we beat Kiev) to the Wednesday.

Seems the only sensible idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.