Semi Date

irishblue said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Champions League is played on the Wednesday, I'm pretty sure that the TV rights mean we can't play on the same day the Champs League is on

We've done it already this season - we played the first leg of the Aris game on a Tuesday, with a 5.00pm kick-off on a Champions League night. Everton done the same last season, so it's a possibility.

But we play Liverpool Monday

irishblue said:
Rammy Blue said:
Could the Europa game get brought forward to the Weds night so that we can play Saturday?

(assuming of course that we progress...)

Just thought the same thing myself. Could be something the FA are contacting UEFA about as we speak.
That would involve dialogue and common sense, something neither the English FA or UEFA is particularly good at!

Matty said:
That would involve dialogue and common sense, something neither the English FA or UEFA is particularly good at!

I'd say trying to rearrange the Europa game to enable us to play on Saturday, when Sunday is perfectly suitable, would be the opposite of common sense myself?

SalfordCityBlue said:
Matty said:

I'd say trying to rearrange the Europa game to enable us to play on Saturday, when Sunday is perfectly suitable, would be the opposite of common sense myself?

I think the general consensus is that it would be preferred if we played on the Sat due to marathon, arse/dippers plus I think they reckon the majority of us will have fucked off home prior to the stoke/notlob fans coming down on the Sunday morn.

However, all that said, I can't see anything other than us playing on the Sunday.

Rammy Blue said:
I think they reckon the majority of us will have fucked off home prior to the stoke/notlob fans coming down on the Sunday morn.

That's the bit I struggle to see... No way will that happen. Most will make their way home Sunday afternoon if we play on Saturday.

SalfordCityBlue said:
Rammy Blue said:
I think they reckon the majority of us will have fucked off home prior to the stoke/notlob fans coming down on the Sunday morn.

That's the bit I struggle to see... No way will that happen. Most will make their way home Sunday afternoon if we play on Saturday.

Can only speak for myself but I'd be down Friday night, have a session, feel shite, go to the game and then fuck off home.

Pretty fucked off by this date to be honest. Thrilled we are through to the semis, but here's the thing...

I have lived in the states since I was 10. Raised a blue, whole family grew up round the corner from maine road. Well I try to get back to see the blues play once every year or two, and this time, I had something special working out. I'm a full time swim coach at a pretty big club, and one of the kids approached me while I was wearing my city top. I naturally suspected him to be a rag, as most 16 year old kids in the states tend to be. But he said "I'm Gary Cook's god son."
Well, this kids family has been awesome. They were getting me tickets for the Spurs game (no way I would have been able to get them otherwise, which is the only fucking week I can go to England this year with the swimming seasons and shit), and his mum was really nice and all that. Now City are going to Wembley that fucking weekend, which of course I'm happy with, as winning something is more important than me seeing them play. But Fuck me! Gary Cook was getting me tickets essentially, now there's no chance of that. Too pushy to ask this nice family, who already went out of their way, for Wembley tickets.

Shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.