Semi Date

Marcus2503 said:
lostmyhouseski said:
please, please be sunday got a wedding in ireland saturday.even sunday is going to be well and truly pushing it because its in the middle of f*cking nowhere!

you think Irelands bad, im in spain :/ i come back a 1 in the afternoon on saturday so i really really hope its sunday or im F*cked

Im in Cornwall. Its probably easier for you to get there from Spain!

benbeer said:
should move bolton stoke to old trafford, but yes can't see how ours wont be on the Sunday if they're meeting Wednesday ... for now will have to assume we'll have a Europa game on the Thurs.
Knowing the FA, they'll probably move our game to OT, and I'm sure that Clattenburg has already bagsied the game as well, and he's probably already booked De Jong and Ballotelli.

Could the Europa game get brought forward to the Weds night so that we can play Saturday?

(assuming of course that we progress...)

Rammy Blue said:
Could the Europa game get brought forward to the Weds night so that we can play Saturday?

Just thought the same thing myself. Could be something the FA are contacting UEFA about as we speak.

Rammy Blue said:

Champions League is played on the Wednesday, I'm pretty sure that the TV rights mean we can't play on the same day the Champs League is on

Failsworth_Blue said:
Rammy Blue said:

Champions League is played on the Wednesday, I'm pretty sure that the TV rights mean we can't play on the same day the Champs League is on

Good call fella, glad someone's paying attention.

Failsworth_Blue said:
Rammy Blue said:

We've done it already this season - we played the first leg of the Aris game on a Tuesday, with a 5.00pm kick-off on a Champions League night. Everton done the same last season, so it's a possibility.

irishblue said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

We've done it already this season - we played the first leg of the Aris game on a Tuesday, with a 5.00pm kick-off on a Champions League night. Everton done the same last season, so it's a possibility.

My apologies, you're right. Certainly a possiblity then

Is there any precedent for this, with semi finals moved because of Europa fixtures? Liverpool or Villa maybe?

Rammy Blue said:

Why go to all that trouble though?

Just make a decision that it's on Sunday and get on with selling the tickets surely? (which is what I expect to happen).

If you have the City v United game on Saturday everyone will stay over anyway, and 35000 will be pissed off and hungover either way while the marathon is on and the dippers are arriving...

Much easier to control if a) everyone is arriving together or b) in high spirits pre-game and c) most have work the following morning.

Nightmare scenario is surely having 70000 rival Mancs hanging around in London for a day after the result is known?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.