Semi finals (City v Real and A Madrid v Bayern)

Scary, I'm really beginning to believe we can do this.

A few things needed to happen, in my opinion, to give us any chance. The first was Barca going out - done. The second was avoiding Atletico, who would squeeze life out of us over 2 legs and Bayern, who I don't think we would beat over 2 legs either. Real are vulnerable, we can beat them and leave Atletico to squeeze life out of Bayern. We can beat Atletico over 90 minutes.

As for being drawn at home first, the importance of being at home second has changed with the ability of teams to play on the counter. Madrid would be extremely dangerous if they came to us holding a lead. The opposite is true of us, we can score over there. A win or low scoring draw at home and we're in the box seat. Besides we would be extremely nervy in a second leg at home, now we can be a little less tense.

We're also the home team in the finals 'when' we make it. Is it written that Pep is going to join 2 clubs who were already champions of Europe?

We almost beat Real a few years back with fucking Maicon & Nastasic etc. We defended like a bunch of complete pillocks but they still only just managed to kill us off.

Yaya also destroyed there midfield and, as we've discussed previously, nastasic had a worldy...

We'll beat them in one of the legs, it's just if it outdoes there result...

A good thing about being home first is that after paying our 50/60 quid each we know the tie won't be over before we even step in the stadium!

City will play Real Madrid in the Champions League semi-final with the first leg to be played at the Etihad Stadium.
The Blues will play the first leg at home on 26 April.

The return leg will be on 4 May at the Santiago Bernabéu with the winners facing either Atletico Madrid or Bayern Munich on 28 May at the San Siro, Milan.

Whoever triumphs from City's tie will be deemed the home team in the final.

Manuel Pellegrini, of course, managed Real Madrid in 2009/10 and signed Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema for a combined fee of £110m.

The Blues' boss oversaw a record points haul for Madrid during his year in charge but was unfortunate to find Barcelona in equally irresistible form with the Catalans accumulating 99 points. The Chilean was replaced by Jose Mourinho before taking over Malaga.

Dates and ticket details will be announced shortly.

More to follow...

We almost beat Real a few years back with fucking Maicon & Nastasic etc. We defended like a bunch of complete pillocks but they still only just managed to kill us off.

Maicon. Fucking hell. Thought I'd erased him from the memory bank ...
Madrid will obviously be favourites, and rightly so. But I think we've got a real sniff, all the more so if we can somehow manage to get Kompany fit.
Defend as aggressively as we did against PSG, stop Bale and and Ronaldo picking up the ball and turning to drive at us, and there's every chance we'll give them a run for their money.
I also wouldn't be surprised to see Atletico do a number on Bayern.
At any rate, can't fucking wait.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.