Semi finals (City v Real and A Madrid v Bayern)

You don't allow posts of madridistas? I was totally respectful and with sense of humour...

Please let me know, I didn't mean to offend or irritate but the opposite.

The BBC One O'clock News just previewed their sports news bulletin with pics of Liverpool and their reward for beating Dortmund is...

Not one mention of City or the Champions League SF draw.

At least if we finish 5th we will be in the 'premiere' European competition next season not this unimportant Champions League nonsense.

Easily the best draw.

Atletico and Bayern are a few levels above Real IMO.

Really good opportunity to make the final!

I agree. Atletico is a tedious puzzle, and Bayern is like Barca with multiple goals coring threats. Real is a one man team (16 goals from one man who also assisted in the majority of other scorers, with benzema at 4 being the second highest followed by odd 1 goals). We stifle their main source of play, we win half the battle.

It is the semi finals of the champions league and in many ways the team we draw did not really matter- the other three teams are strong in their own unique way and formidable. I suppose an interesting draw or pathway would have been Bayern because of the back story but we can hope for that in the final. I retain that there are no underdogs and the team that does what needs to the done in the respective home and away fixtures will be the team that advances. We are more than capable of beating Madrid at this point and it is going to be an epic occasion.

It could come down to the managers , experience , tactics etc , MP is has more experience than Zidane in managing champs league semi-final teams , he also has great knowledge of Real due to the fact he used to manage them , and has also managed for many years in La Liga , Zidane on other hand is a novice in managerial terms and knows little about our club or our league. The wily old fox (or corpse to some t*ssers on here) might just be motivated to put one over on the team that sacked him. The other problem will be ladyboy , although he's getting on a bit , he can still win a game single handed , if we stop him it will go along way to winning the tie ,but if Hart,Vinny,Yaya,Dinho,KDB,Merlin,Kun are 100% fit and at the top of their game , we will have every chance of getting to the Champs league Final.

Only seen the highlights off there game(2nd leg) I would say very bad marking on TipToe man first 2goals & if the wall stayed a wall instead off splitting who no what the outcome would off been..
But am so confident ahead off this game(full squad)think they be more worried than us...

Anyone travelling from south of Portugal/Spain to Madrid for this?

On holiday in the Algarve during the second leg, just looking at options now.

I agree. Atletico is a tedious puzzle, and Bayern is like Barca with multiple goals coring threats. Real is a one man team (16 goals from one man who also assisted in the majority of other scorers, with benzema at 4 being the second highest followed by odd 1 goals). We stifle their main source of play, we win half the battle.

Totally agree.

Real Madrid haven't been impressive this season, they need a freshen up big time and have a totally inexperienced manager. Atletico are incredibly hard to beat and Bayern are the best team in Europe with the best manager IMO.

Stop Ronaldo and we'll be in the final. It's very, very rare Real Madrid win any big games without him contributing.

Hi All,
Madrid fan here.
I think both Real and City got the draw they wanted.
City is a strong team but I'm surprised by how everyone is underrating Madrid.
We won't be overconfident because memories of Juventus in 2015 will still be fresh.
City is not an unknown team as scouts can watch reel after reel of City's performances this year.
While our defense is susceptible to quick transitions from midfield to attack, only 3 teams have conceded less than us in La Liga (same as City).
It'll all boil down to whether Aguero+Silva+Bruyne+Sterling can outperform Ronaldo+Benzema+Bale.

Also, I like Pelligrini and felt he was harshly treated by Madrid.
However, he has a loser mentality in big games. He was never proactive in making changes when things didn't go according to plan.
At Madrid he always played a laborious 4-2-2-2 and it was Ronaldo who saved him when the going got tough.
A quick glance of this forum indicates that he has not changed.
Zidane is the opposite. He immediately changed 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 and refuses to start the club favorites: Isco and James.
He showed that he has a spine by bringing in a traditional defensive midfielder in Caseimiro at the cost of an attacking midfielder.
He also rotates his squad well ... something which will be telling towards the end of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.