Semi finals (City v Real and A Madrid v Bayern)

City vs bayern in the final would be sweet!

Real Madrid is difficult, but not impossible

I did a comparison of goals and assists for the four teams for this CL campaign. Assists in brackets.

Manchester City
--------------------

De Bruyne 3
Sterling 3 (2)
Munoz 1
Gabi 0 (3)
Carrasco 0 (2)

This is kind of misleading because our team is setup to make Ronaldo succeed.
Benzema is a selfless striker and Bale has been injured most of the CL campaign.
Our midfield have sat deeper than normal to improve defense but has goals in them.

Thought I'd do goals coring tries as well. On target in brackets.

ronaldo 81 (34)
Lewandowski 37 (20)
Muller 34 (19)
Griezmann 28 (20)
Costa 28 (10)
Benzema 24 (12)
Tour 24 (6)
Sterling 20 (11)
Isco 19 (7)
Aguero 19 (5)
Bony 17 (6)
Fernandinho 17 (6)
Saul 17 (5)
Torres 15 (7)
De Bruyne 10 (4)

This is kind of misleading because our team is setup to make Ronaldo succeed.
Benzema is a selfless striker and Bale has been injured most of the CL campaign.
Our midfield have sat deeper than normal to improve defense but has goals in them.

But that is not against the argument that if ronaldo is stifled there is a better chance right? Your statement further reinforces rather than discredit it. If your team is setup to make ronaldo succeed, isn't the best tactic for us is to make that setup fail?

But that is not against the argument that if ronaldo is stifled there is a better chance right? Your statement further reinforces rather than discredit it. If your team is setup to make ronaldo succeed, isn't the best tactic for us is to make that setup fail?
Not necessarily ... Benzema is capable of scoring and Bale is due some good form after returning from injury.
Ignoring Benzema, Bale and Modric (late runs, good long shot) can be your undoing.
At the start of the season Ronaldo scored almost 70% of his goals against 3-4 teams. It was Bale, Benzema and the midfield chipping in with goals.
Thats why we find ourselves just 4 points behind Barca despite a managerial change.
Not to mention our subs Isco and James who are also due a big game.

Reckon Bayern are in the final for cert. Atleti have had their golden moment this season. Time for them to piss off with their anti-football. Not aving' that.

Dream draw for City. We'll smash them.

They have lost to some dross this season, no problemo.

In fairness mate we couldn't beat Norwich and Villa but beat psg.

I wouldn't underestimate them, especially after they beat Barca with 10 men away.

But I'd say if we win the 1st leg I can't see us fucking up 2nd leg ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.