Semi finals (City v Real and A Madrid v Bayern)

I think you've just described his three years with us mate. Pretty uncanny actually.

'loser'

I wouldn't label Pellegrini with that tag.He might not have lived up to expectation in some quarters......but i'm going to put that down to our friendly Spaniards poor use of English.

The other 3 teams in the draw all would have wanted us at this stage as we are rightly seen as the weakest team in it. I think this could come into our advantage as Real Madrid could go into this game expecting to win.

Madrid have crashed and burned many times before when they have expected to go onto a final. Factor in that Ramos is a total liability and can be pressured into doing something stupid, we may have a chance. It's last chance saloon for some of our senior players to have one last crack at winning this tournament before this squad is broken up, let's hope they can push us forward to heady heights of a final and a one off game to win the worlds most prestigious club competition.

The best draw for me, defensively they're very susceptible and we can certainly cause them problems. We have to be intelligent now and ensure that particularly in the home leg, we don't get caught too high up the pitch.
We need to try and con the ref, something they did in plenty when we played them.
Going to be tough but I see us and Bayern in the final, 4-2 win and MP being asked if he knew 3-2 would have been enough.
That would really leave pep with a challenge, might even need a thread asking why we let MP go.

The fans were divided. In a way many liked him for being polite
and educated, plus a useless record of points in the league, but others like me considered him a boring mediocre loser at heart, irrelevant and unaware of the tradition and mentality at Madrid.

He defended himself saying he had achieved the historical record of points, useless when Barcelona had made more points and won the league, but most of all we were eliminated in the Spanish Cup by a third division for 4-0 away, which is intolerable, and in Europe by a mediocre Lyon, all of that with the fresh signings of Cristiano, Kaká, Benzema, Alonso, etc.

He is called Mr. Puntaje for mentioning the points record as if we cared at all about such minor thing, plus he said it with an expression from Chile, "puntaje" is not used in Spain and sounded so irritating to us. We always fire the coach after a blank season and in his case the two eliminations were unforgettable.

We have reached the Champions League semifinals since he left 6 times in a row (Barcelona or Bayern, 4).

He's probably a good man and coach but... loser at heart, like Wenger. Although if you win the Champions League this year, he'll be your hero and history forever, which must be really boring.
I think many City fans would agree with you. Nice guy, cool and calm, maybe too cool and calm to fire players up or organises a team to a champions consistency year after year. But he had pulled some really good things out of the bag for us and I think he'll have a point to prove or a score to settle with Madrid, so it could be big!

Looking forward to both games. We absolutely hate CRonaldo, you might have realised that from the game back in 2013. So he might fire our atmosphere up a bit more.

Will be two special nights for us though even if it will be fairly run-of-the-mill (normal) for you guys.

'loser'

I wouldn't label Pellegrini with that tag.He might not have lived up to expectation in some quarters......but i'm going to put that down to our friendly Spaniards poor use of English.

We call him Losergrini. No mistake. And we say it in English because that expression is taken from English for fun, nobody says it in Spanish (perdedor). Search Losergrini in Twitter and you'll see how many people say it.

(Now he's beating us for sure thanks to Murphy's Law).

'loser'

Yeah the loser part was overly harsh but the general gist wasn't far off how many blues see him.

We call him Losergrini. No mistake. And we say it in English because that expression is taken from English for fun, nobody says it in Spanish (perdedor). Search Losergrini in Twitter and you'll see how many people say it.

(Now he's beating us for sure thanks to Murphy's Law).
Then that's your perogative but please don't use the term on this board.

The fans were divided. In a way many liked him for being polite
and educated, plus a useless record of points in the league, but others like me considered him a boring mediocre loser at heart, irrelevant and unaware of the tradition and mentality at Madrid.

He defended himself saying he had achieved the historical record of points, useless when Barcelona had made more points and won the league, but most of all we were eliminated in the Spanish Cup by a third division for 4-0 away, which is intolerable, and in Europe by a mediocre Lyon, all of that with the fresh signings of Cristiano, Kaká, Benzema, Alonso, etc.

He is called Mr. Puntaje for mentioning the points record as if we cared at all about such minor thing, plus he said it with an expression from Chile, "puntaje" is not used in Spain and sounded so irritating to us. We always fire the coach after a blank season and in his case the two eliminations were unforgettable.

We have reached the Champions League semifinals since he left 6 times in a row (Barcelona or Bayern, 4).

He's probably a good man and coach but... loser at heart, like Wenger. Although if you win the Champions League this year, he'll be your hero and history forever, which must be really boring.

Wouldn't be in any way boring but thanks for your contribution

I think many City fans would agree with you. Nice guy, cool and calm, maybe too cool and calm to fire players up or organises a team to a champions consistency year after year. But he had pulled some really good things out of the bag for us and I think he'll have a point to prove or a score to settle with Madrid, so it could be big!

Looking forward to both games. We absolutely hate CRonaldo, you might have realised that from the game back in 2013. So he might fire our atmosphere up a bit more.

Will be two special nights for us though even if it will be fairly run-of-the-mill (normal) for you guys.

Well, everybody hates Cristiano, his ego is awful. He's a beast at Real Madrid scoring an amazing number and percentage of goals that will never be beaten, and still the Bernabéu needed years before singing his name, which still doesn't do much. He's been booed, whistled and insulted as much as applauded. The Bernabéu is the hardest stadium in the world. Also Zidane, Raúl, Di Stefano, Puskas or Butragueno were booed.

About Pellegrini in City, we couldn't believe how you did so bad in Europe all these years with your budget and players. Now it's ok, it's logical that you reach semifinals or even win, your team is super expensive, maybe the most expensive one after ours or similar to ours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.