Semi finals (City v Real and A Madrid v Bayern)

Hey guys, hi from Madrid, you are celebrating the draw with us and we are celebrating the draw with you... How pathetic is this?

You probably don't know that we only win the Cup of Europe in the seasons of disaster, when we are not favorites and have screwed the league and lost matches to everyone.

The good news for you is that we always lose to clubs with resented ex, such as Morata or Pellegrini (aka Mr. Puntaje).

See you in Madrid for some beers in Plaza Mayor before the game. Peacefully, of course. Cheers ;)
Hiya mate

I was at the Bernebeu for the first home match this season against Betis (5-0). Unforgettable experience.

It's a tough draw for both teams....Madrid are favourites but the games should be entertaining. Anyway, what did you think of Pellegrini when he was your manager?

Not necessarily ... Benzema is capable of scoring and Bale is due some good form after returning from injury.
Ignoring Benzema, Bale and Modric (late runs, good long shot) can be your undoing.
At the start of the season Ronaldo scored almost 70% of his goals against 3-4 teams. It was Bale, Benzema and the midfield chipping in with goals.
Thats why we find ourselves just 4 points behind Barca despite a managerial change.
Not to mention our subs Isco and James who are also due a big game.

Not denying that your midfield has goals in them. This applies to many other teams though. City is by no means flying in this season either safe for the midfielders chipping in goals. But taking ronaldo out of the equation evens out the playing field. Aguero is out of sorts compared to his form previous season which was in CL a goal a game. no one is ignoring benzema bale and modric or anyone in the bench for that matter I doubt managers are that daft, but no one is ignoring the significant contribution that ronaldo has made on the goal scoring front either. The two are not mutually exclusive.

None of them were going to be easy. I fancied our chances least against Atlético because of how good they are defensively and now we won't have to go to their cauldron of noise neither.

Madrid it is. A very very good side!

Modric and Kroos are the key to this game for me. Obviously CRonaldo is the star, and Bale and Benzema are excellent, but if we can contain those two midfielders their game plan won't be as effective.

None of them were going to be easy. I fancied our chances least against Atlético because of how good they are defensively and now we won't have to go to their cauldron of noise neither.

Madrid it is. A very very good side!

Modric and Kroos are the key to this game for me. Obviously CRonaldo is the star, and Bale and Benzema are excellent, but if we can contain those two midfielders their game plan won't be as effective.

One thing good about this competition is it throws up surprises.

They will probably have too many big guns for us but you never know I guess,football can throw up surprises yes,although I fear we will be playing the ref too. A fully fit Kompany and everyone hitting peak form over the two legs and who knows?

Hiya mate

I was at the Bernebeu for the first home match this season against Betis (5-0). Unforgettable experience.

It's a tough draw for both teams....Madrid are favourites but the games should be entertaining. Anyway, what did you think of Pellegrini when he was your manager?

The fans were divided. In a way many liked him for being polite
and educated, plus a useless record of points in the league, but others like me considered him a boring mediocre loser at heart, irrelevant and unaware of the tradition and mentality at Madrid.

He defended himself saying he had achieved the historical record of points, useless when Barcelona had made more points and won the league, but most of all we were eliminated in the Spanish Cup by a third division for 4-0 away, which is intolerable, and in Europe by a mediocre Lyon, all of that with the fresh signings of Cristiano, Kaká, Benzema, Alonso, etc.

He is called Mr. Puntaje for mentioning the points record as if we cared at all about such minor thing, plus he said it with an expression from Chile, "puntaje" is not used in Spain and sounded so irritating to us. We always fire the coach after a blank season and in his case the two eliminations were unforgettable.

We have reached the Champions League semifinals since he left 6 times in a row (Barcelona or Bayern, 4).

He's probably a good man and coach but... loser at heart, like Wenger. Although if you win the Champions League this year, he'll be your hero and history forever, which must be really boring.

One thing good about this competition is it throws up surprises.
It certainly does mate.

At the start of each season that Dortmund Porto Liverpool and Chelsea won the competition how many had them as favourites? Even that Ajax team thay had a load of teenagers in it? Leverkusen and Monaco getting to finals was a surprise too.

The fans were divided. In a way many liked him for being polite
and educated, plus a useless record of points in the league, but others like me considered him a mediocre loser at heart, irrelevant and unaware of the tradition and mentality at Madrid.

He defended himself saying he had achieved the historical record of points, useless when Barcelona had made more points and won the league, but most of all we were eliminated in the Spanish Cup by a third division for 4-0 away, which is intolerable, and in Europe by a mediocre Lyon, all of that with the fresh signings of Cristiano, Kaká, Benzema, Alonso, etc.

He is called Mr. Puntaje for mentioning the points record as if we cared at all about such minor thing, plus he said it with an expression from Chile, "puntaje" is not used in Spain and sounded so irritating to us. We always fire the coach after a blank season and in his case the two eliminations were unforgettable.

We have reached the Champions League semifinals since he left 6 times in a row (Barcelona or Bayern, 4).

He's probably a good man and coach but... loser at heart, like Wenger.
I think you've just described his three years with us mate. Pretty uncanny actually.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.