Semi Tickets....

i agree with saint helens half the people arnt going tomaz coz its the carling cup yet when we get to wembley every 1 will want a ticket thers some idiots at city these days

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
The money thing doesn't sit comfortable with me at all. It's a load of bollocks. True it is expensive but how many on here went out on the lash this weekend just gone blowing a ton-ton fifty on a boozy weekend. Sorry it's called sacrifices and it's Man city in a semi final. For fucks sake I would have only dreamt of this many years ago.

I have children.I have a mortgage,I have bills as everyone. I don't smoke and I rarely drink.

City is my drug and my passion.Not sinking another pint on a Saturday night and then slating the club for their incorrect pricing policy. What a load of fucking bollocks some so called fans spout on here. If it was a Champions league semi...would you go...Course you fucking would. It's purely and simply because it's the Carling cup.

Well to all the stay aways who can't be arsed.YOU ARE A DISGRACE.
i take it, you have been to every game this season then?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Oils said:
bluebannana said:
I cant afford it simple as, same as many other people, people have other priorties like family- maybe your okay, but their are a lot of people who cannot get that money and thier are also some people who refuse to pay 95 quid for two games, you cant say to people you have to give up going out or dont drink cos people do what they want to do and have a life outside of watching city, wish I could go :(
Same here...its a choice of tomorrow or Wigan away as cant afford both...Wigan away it was. The fact its the Carling Cup i suppose makes a difference, but i'm desperate for us to win it, just more desperate for us to win the Premiership!

No problem with not being able to afford it and the generalisation that everyone who doesnt go is pissing their money away on other things is clearly not always going to be the case. What I dont understand and maybe you will be able to explain it is why anyone would choose Wigan away over a semi final bearing in mind its only our third semi final in 31 years and Wigan away is one of the worst aways in the calender.
I knew i'd regret getting involved in this...its my sons first away game so whilst Wigan away for most of us isnt the best...to him it will (hopefully) be magic.

feedthegoat2009 said:
i agree with saint helens half the people arnt going tomaz coz its the carling cup yet when we get to wembley every 1 will want a ticket thers some idiots at city these days

What gets me is they blame the fucking club for them not being able to afford to go...

Makes my blood boil.

And then they whinge and moan when they can't get wembley tickets..hilarious<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:30 pm --<br /><br />
feedthegoat2009 said:

What gets me is they blame the fucking club for them not being able to afford to go...

Makes my blood boil.

And then they whinge and moan when they can't get wembley tickets..hilarious

xenon_ said:
The money thing doesn't sit comfortable with me at all. It's a load of bollocks. True it is expensive but how many on here went out on the lash this weekend just gone blowing a ton-ton fifty on a boozy weekend. Sorry it's called sacrifices and it's Man city in a semi final. For fucks sake I would have only dreamt of this many years ago.

I have children.I have a mortgage,I have bills as everyone. I don't smoke and I rarely drink.

City is my drug and my passion.Not sinking another pint on a Saturday night and then slating the club for their incorrect pricing policy. What a load of fucking bollocks some so called fans spout on here. If it was a Champions league semi...would you go...Course you fucking would. It's purely and simply because it's the Carling cup.

Hahaha, as if football is the most important thing in the universe. It's a game, you bloody moron. In case you didn't notice, there's a economic depression. The utility companies are taking the mick. And on top of that, City are playing a lot of games and charging expensive prices for tickets. (Might not be expensive compared to other clubs but it's still expensive for the working/welfare class.)

Just because you have nothing else in your life but City, doesn't mean everyone else is so plain and boring. I don't smoke or drink much. My real drug is LIFE. Get one, you f***'n plebian.

On a positive note: Can't wait for the game tomorrow. Me and my brother are sat in block 211, South East Corner. I'll be saving my voice for the next 20-odd hours.

Come on City!

Who's the plebian here? Don't worry my friend,my kids keep me entertained along with my wife etc. Economic depression????? Fuck me-Is that the recession you mean that has been going on for the last 2 yrs that people use for every excuse in life.Yeah utilities are dear.I pay £134 per month for my gas and electricity...And?
Tell you what,why not write to city and demand they reduce future ticket prices...Listen to yourself,it's a fucking business you clown,not a charity.

You are the plebian here, because for all your counterpoints, you fail to realise that football is not the be-all end-all of the universe. You're having a go at fans for using Real Life as an "excuse" to not go to a game. Do you not realise how narrow-minded and ignorant that sounds?

Hell, you are old enough to have a wife and kids, yet you can't understand that life gets in the way of hobbies and interests. The plebian here is you. Me personally, I can afford tomorrow's match ticket, and I full-well understand the nature of business. What you seem to be not realising is that sometimes the customer can't afford to buy EVERYTHING and must prioritize. I dunno why I'm even trying to explain this to a grown-ass f***'n man!

Grow up you idiot and realise what you're saying. You're using your own financial situation (one man's financial situation!) to argue a point that attacks thousands of people. Hello!? Plebian!? Just because you're willing to sacrifice your families disposable income to go to every game of football, doesn't mean everyone else is so irresponsible.

Tasker: i take it, you have been to every game this season then?

Yeah, exactly. If he hasn't... if he bought his daughter new school shoes instead of going to Chelsea Away... grrrrrr DISGRACE

xenon_ said:

Hahaha, as if football is the most important thing in the universe. It's a game, you bloody moron. In case you didn't notice, there's a economic depression. The utility companies are taking the mick. And on top of that, City are playing a lot of games and charging expensive prices for tickets. (Might not be expensive compared to other clubs but it's still expensive for the working/welfare class.)

Just because you have nothing else in your life but City, doesn't mean everyone else is so plain and boring. I don't smoke or drink much. My real drug is LIFE. Get one, you f***'n plebian.

On a positive note: Can't wait for the game tomorrow. Me and my brother are sat in block 211, South East Corner. I'll be saving my voice for the next 20-odd hours.

Come on City!

Who's the plebian here? Don't worry my friend,my kids keep me entertained along with my wife etc. Economic depression????? Fuck me-Is that the recession you mean that has been going on for the last 2 yrs that people use for every excuse in life.Yeah utilities are dear.I pay £134 per month for my gas and electricity...And?
Tell you what,why not write to city and demand they reduce future ticket prices...Listen to yourself,it's a fucking business you clown,not a charity.

-- Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:22 pm --

Oils said:
No...It's because it's on tv and it's because it's the Carling cup-fact.

Were you one of the moaners who couldn't get a ticket for Wembley?
Wigans on TV as well? as i said the fact its the carling cup v a premiership away game does make a difference....i was at Wembley as fortunate to have 6300 points so can get a ticket for most games. Bottom line is i cant afford them all anymore and the prem away game came first.

So if it had been in the Semi final of the champions league you wouldn't be able to go then? Due to cost...Do me a favour mate
Your right if it was the Champions League semi final i'd probably find space on a credit card.....but its not, and as i've replied to some one else i have my reasons for choosing Wigan away...doesnt make me any less a blue or want us to win tomorrow any less.

Some of the comments blaming the club for overpricing tickets are just ridiculous. A combined cup scheme price of £55 for home games v utd/liverpool is very good value. This is a semi final, 3 years ago we could only dream about games like this. Why are we selling out weeks in advance for Norwich at home and struggling to sell 30k tickets for this game? Inevitably our crowds have increased including away following but there are too many stayaways for the cup games. Our hardcore has always been 20-25k but i expected this to increase without city having to make such an effort. This isnt selling out because it is on terrestrial tv and that is a poor show.

feedthegoat2009 said:

Makes my blood boil.

And then they whinge and moan when they can't get wembley tickets..hilarious

look you cleraly can afford to go, you are lucky enough to do so, but dont have a go at someone who cannot afford to go, yes we can blame the club they agreed the prices, yes liverpool helped, but the club could have stated and charged less, all these games one after another is just so expensive for quite alot of working class city fans, any city fan. you said stop drinking and smoking and going out, people have a life outside of city and arent just gonna stop because of a football match

tasker said:

i take it, you have been to every game this season then?

No I haven't-due to work-not cost, but the thread is about the pricing of the tickets and so called fans blaming the club. Not how many away games any particular fan has been to. It's easy to say well you haven't been to this away game blah blah..The issue is the fact that fans cannot be arsed to attend a semi final at home and blame every man and their dog for this. I was laughing at having joined the cup scheme and only paying £15 against the rags yet some paid £40...This is because the fans who join the schemes get rewarded with cheaper tickets. The ones who don't have to subsidise the discounts that cup scheme members get.

Maine Rd said:
Some of the comments blaming the club for overpricing tickets are just ridiculous. A combined cup scheme price of £55 for home games v utd/liverpool is very good value. This is a semi final, 3 years ago we could only dream about games like this. Why are we selling out weeks in advance for Norwich at home and struggling to sell 30k tickets for this game? Inevitably our crowds have increased including away following but there are too many stayaways for the cup games. Our hardcore has always been 20-25k but i expected this to increase without city having to make such an effort. This isnt selling out because it is on terrestrial tv and that is a poor show.

because we have 35 + thousand season ticket holders

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.