Semi Tickets....

i hope thiers tonnes of empty seats, it will hopefully make city realise that they cant charge ridiculous prices like this

How many we looking at for this? Over 35k?

Anything above 40k would be a great attendance imo given the fa cup fixture price a few days earlier.

ChorltonAzzurro said:
They have given some complimentary tickets to local schools

my lad attends east manchester academy. i'll cross my fingers that he might, just might come home with a pair of tickets

BlueForever123 said:
I know money is tight at the moment, I'm in the middle of a house move so need to be saving all I can, but I don't think we can blame City for the pricing. People seem to be forgetting it's a SEMI FINAL! I signed up to all cup schemes so can't really complain when I only paid £15 for the Utd game. I just hope people decide to get tickets last minute if they can because I know quite a few Liverpool fans who are going and they are going to be loud tonight - they are dying to get to Wembley and we should be too.

Don't want to tempt fate but realisitically if we get a decent win tonight then the chances are we'll win the cup so shame it isn't going to be capacity crowd to see the boys through.

I've posted similar comments before on a different thread, but it's relevant again here.

Not all fans wish to commit to Cup Schemes (for whatever reason). For example, because of where I live I didn't commit to the Europe Scheme due to the risk of early kick-offs if we fell into the Europa League. I simply can't get down there for a tea-time KO so I took my chances and yet still went to all 3 home CL games.

I was on the FAC Scheme and for Sunday's match (£15) and tonight (£37.50) I've had no problem getting my usual seat for both games. It's therefore evened out at £26.25 per match.

Christmas, New Year, glut of games etc etc notwithstanding, I think that's pretty good value for a Derby and a Semi-Final.

IMO it's unfair to criticise the Club for the way they have structured Cup games this season - when prices are reduced there are costs which need to be absorbed by the Club. Something has to give somewhere along the line.

The time to start complaining is if we ever have to enter all 3 schemes as a condition of having a Seasoncard AND at normal prices. God forbid that City ever go down that route.

bluebannana said:
i hope thiers tonnes of empty seats, it will hopefully make city realise that they cant charge ridiculous prices like this
That's a silly thing to hope for. I hope it's packed out and we get behind the blue boys and beat the scouse shite 5-0, that's something to hope for. It's a semi ffs, like I keep saying following a successful is expensive.

I agree on the prices being too high but this exposes that our fan base is not big enough. Anfield will be packed to the rafters for the return and their fans will be the 12th man. If our ground was rocking and packed tonight it makes a huge difference, look at the derby in the 2nd half when we really got behind them. Im sure those of us that are there will do our best, but just watch next week it will be like a european night for them and the kop will be sucking it into the net. A poor show for a semi if we cant sell out.

guvnors son mcfc said:
I agree on the prices being too high but this exposes that our fan base is not big enough. Anfield will be packed to the rafters for the return and their fans will be the 12th man. If our ground was rocking and packed tonight it makes a huge difference, look at the derby in the 2nd half when we really got behind them. Im sure those of us that are there will do our best, but just watch next week it will be like a european night for them and the kop will be sucking it into the net. A poor show for a semi if we cant sell out.

Clubs like Liverpool and United have had recent periods of sustained success. When I was growing up, Liverpool won nearly everything. The legacy of this success is their fanbase. They have support all round the country and the rest of the world. Whilst we are top of the league and have a great team, we have only won 1 FA cup in the last 35 years. If they were in the same situation regarding fixtures, many of their fans would have had to pick between the FA cup and Carling Cup ties due to money too. The difference is that they have other fans waiting to take their place so it wouldn't show. We largely rely on the same group of people going to every match and it's a struggle with the finances.

Slightly off topic but was round oxford train station earlier and the big pub on the corner near there think its a weatherspoons or something and im not joking seen around 200 lads walk in there and they wasnt looking for a game of golf if you no what i mean hopefully police would of caught up with them but this is a big big game for them so just be aware if your taking little ones .

lot more of there loons have managed to get tickets because of the bigger allocation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.