Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you wanted him at City this is how you cure yourself. Watch how hard he works when he loses possession or goes down and doesn’t get a free kick.

Clue: he doesn’t. He simply doesn’t work hard enough for a Pep team. He loses the ball and lies on the deck for 10 seconds before getting up, dusting himself down and then jogging on towards the action. Obviously Southgate is prepared to give him more leeway than Pep would.

He is a phenomenal talent, but - my judgment- lacks humility.

That may be so, but he isn't in a Pep team. You think if City had signed him he wouldn't be doing everything required by Pep? If not, he would be on the bench where many other players have found themselves for periods under him.

I find it incredible how poor of a coach Southgate actually is. I knew he was bad but yesterday was just incredibly bad. I said I'd be shocked if it was a boring match because we(Serbia) haven't been a part of a boring match ever since this manager starter coaching us, but Southgate and his dull tactics somehow managed to make this a boring game. He even made our manager look semi-competent.

First 15-20 minutes, you played well in my opinion and we really struggled, after that we slightly improved and England started to play much worse as well. In the second half, I thought we were the better team, even if we didn't play all that well either.

If you want to win EUROs I think you need to play much much better than that...

I find it incredible how poor of a coach Southgate actually is. I knew he was bad but yesterday was just incredibly bad. I said I'd be shocked if it was a boring match because we(Serbia) haven't been a part of a boring match ever since this manager starter coaching us, but Southgate and his dull tactics somehow managed to make this a boring game. He even made our manager look semi-competent.

First 15-20 minutes, you played well in my opinion and we really struggled, after that we slightly improved and England started to play much worse as well. In the second half, I thought we were the better team, even if we didn't play all that well either.

Indeed, England always seem to get out of the blocks and go for it, but then there's a creeping paralysis that seems to be informing the players "Jeez, we could lose this. We better hang on to what we've got'! And then the sideways passing, backwards passing, keeping Pickers involved, Bellingham tumbles take over from top quality coaching instructions that should be coming from the techy area.

We know and have done for 8 years. England always try to “plan” their route through a tournament but always fail and I’ll be surprised if we succeed this time. Favourites, my arse.

Indeed, England always seem to get out of the blocks and go for it, but then there's a creeping paralysis that seems to be informing the players "Jeez, we could lose this. We better hang on to what we've got'! And then the sideways passing, backwards passing, keeping Pickers involved, Bellingham tumbles take over from top quality coaching instructions that should be coming from the techy area.
That backwards and sideways passing would be fine if Pickford didn’t just leather it up the pitch every time the ball went near him. I bet he says “have that” when he boots the ball.

Having read through the papers, Phil is getting absolutely hammered. I don’t know why he bothers going to England at all. Every time he is under Southgate’s “guidance” he comes back injured or with his confidence in pieces, and here we go again.
It must be so difficult to go from the daily coaching of a visionary like Pep, with a possession based approach, to a 1970’s style, long ball disciple of Dave Bassett etc. in the dreadful Southgate. I’m not surprised he struggles for England.

That backwards and sideways passing would be fine if Pickford didn’t just leather it up the pitch every time the ball went near him. I bet he says “have that” when he boots the ball.
I’d say that Pickford lacks football intelligence. But you could probably remove football from that sentence, and it shows in his distribution, which is all about seeing how far he can kick it, stuff the direction it goes in.

Having read through the papers, Phil is getting absolutely hammered. I don’t know why he bothers going to England at all. Every time he is under Southgate’s “guidance” he comes back injured or with his confidence in pieces, and here we go again.
It must be so difficult to go from the daily coaching of a visionary like Pep, with a possession based approach, to a 1970’s style, long ball disciple of Dave Bassett etc. in the dreadful Southgate. I’m not surprised he struggles for England.

This

Surly the press/media must see how hard it is for Phil to come from the world's best coach, team and club, to a knobhead southgate with is shit football.

Phil isn't the problem, southgate is the problem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.