Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
after watching Bellingham play again for England the other night I can safely say I would never ever want us to go for him.....infact he reminds me of Pogba which aint great at all
The hype around him is worse than it was around the likes of Beckham back in the day.....

he aint that good...he is greedy and is not a team player...its all about him and Madrid is the perfect club for him and hopefully he stays there for the rest of his career.....

give me players like Rodri, Foden Gundo David Silva, Ferna, KDB any day of the week over the likes of him....he is not fit to lace the boots of any of those players and countless more from numerous other premiership teams.

This is one example of many of Bellingham doing everything he could to hold on to the ball rather than making a fairly simple pass to a player in a better position. Funny enough, there where multiple players frustrated with Bellingham in that sequence alone and in other instances of the same behaviour there were often 2 or more players also frustrated for being ignored.

Once more, this is but one example of many of Bellingham ignoring Foden in a good position through out the match. I counted 7 times but probably missed a few.

This isn’t sad analysis, it is simply analysis.

Bellingham is trying to do too much himself and it is having a negative impact on the team’s overall performance. There were other reasons for our quite unconvincing performance against a not particularly strong side, but that was among them. It was especially problematic in the second half as Bellingham gave away the ball twice (perhaps more) trying to dribble his way out of trouble on the edge of our box rather than playing a simple pass to a teammate in open space (and then likely immediately receiving it back as the one-two would have been on). If that had happened against the likes of France, Spain, or Portugal, rather than Serbia, we would have been much more likely to concede a goal.

He absolutely has bought in to his own hype, to his, Foden’s, and England’s detriment.

He even referred to himself in the third person during post-match interviews last night.
The perfect summary

I watched the game back (so you don't have too).

Until we scored we were playing well. In possession we had 3 across the back, Trippier was pretty much playing in the left-wing position, Foden and Bellingham were very close together and popping up all over the forward line, I lost count how many times Foden received the ball on the right wing.

Then we scored, and after the restart you can see a coach shout an instruction to Trippier, following that you see Trippier waving his arms at Foden, seemingly instructing him to stay on the left. Serbia started to push up and with us being less compact which afforded them space to get at Rice and TAA. Bellingham was forced deeper to receive the ball, isolating Kane up top and Foden out left, not drifting into the spaces that we were creating for him and Bellingham in the first 20/30 mins. With no real outlet for distributing the ball from the bac we resorted to lumping it forward to Kane, who had an horrific day up against two physical entre-halves

It does appear Southgate has decided that this is the 'Bellingham team', and this will lead to failure. For England he is regularly picking the wrong option, he takes too long on the ball and more often than not ends up turning into trouble and giving the ball away.

For this England team to work, then Bellingham has to be the number 8, but I can't see Southgate doing that. The story of Soutgate's tenure is that he never knows what his best starting XI looks like going into a tournament, and fails to figure it out as it progresses.

We should have enough to get through to the quarters, then we'll meet a half-decent team and lose again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.