Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Think of all the demands from the media for an England team... that's what we have. Southgate has basically tried to appease what they want. Really disappointed because it's not going to work. Cliques in the squad too. Kane, one of the best striker in the world not able to even get the ball. But this stupid stupid thing with taa in midfield has really screwed things up. Just wtf.

Stop listening to the media and just play the best players in their best positions.

The team against Serbia was built around Bellingham, he was floating everywhere including the half spaces that Foden drifts into as well as the zones that Kane usually moves to as well. It's causing huge problems, he needs a more restrictive position to allow the others to shine as well, he simply can't win it on his own. At Real Madrid they have a 10 and 9 position completely free for Bellingham to move into and they also let him drop to the 8 in game and cover that with almost 3 DM's. The only answer here imo is to move either of Bellingham or Foden into an 8 and the other as a 10, or simply allow them to rotate. He has to also get Shaw in as soon as possible, the lack of a real left back is causing so much unbalance.

Bellingham gets a free role and overuses it. He tries to run the whole pitch. Not sure if Southgate is strong enough to tell him. Surely when nearly the whole press admires the player for his workrate.

Phil certainly is not the player to throw in a few words to bring up this problem. Because a problem it is imho.
Maybe there lies part of the problem with Phil. And the fact he might be too homegrown. Grew up within the save environment of MCFC. He surely wouldn’t be the first player to shine for his team and not so much for the national side.

Fair play to Keane and Neville. They're not jumping on the "drop Foden" bandwagon.

be nice if everyone stopped jumping on the ''drop (name of player)'' bandwagon.

It's been one bloody match, in which we won.

Some of those young players will be feeling the nerves and the pressure - last thing they need is fans/media digging at them constantly.

be nice if everyone stopped jumping on the ''drop (name of player)'' bandwagon.

It's been one bloody match, in which we won.

Some of those young players will be feeling the nerves and the pressure - last thing they need is fans/media digging at them constantly.
I don't give a fuck about other clubs' players. Only ours.

I don't give a fuck about other clubs' players. Only ours.

shame. It bothers me if someone or the media slates Foden, likewise the same with Bellingham, Rice, Saka or any of the other young English lads.

Get it during the PL season, but international tournament wish fans could leave all the club tribal bollox behind. In fairness - the real fans out there in and around the stands, do this.

The hype around him is worse than it was around the likes of Beckham back in the day.....

The difference being Beckham was actually a team player on the pitch.

Off the pitch he was all about raising his profile and his fame outweighed his ability for the most part but on the pitch you couldn't really knock his attitude for wanting the best for his team and playing for the team. He also worked his bollocks off when the team were not playing so well.

Bellingham has bought into the idea it's the Bellingham show. Might get away with it vs Serbia but that selfishness on the pitch will be England's undoing against a better side.

Not that I like to give any rag credit but I'd take Beckham's on field attitude over Bellingham's.

If I was Foden, I'd take Bellingham out in training, otherwise we're coming home early. It's England not Bellinghamland. Southgate can't handle him.
We’ll see. If I were the coach I’d be giving him a good talking to. Will waistcoat? There’s plenty of kudos around without the need to be selfish.

The difference being Beckham was actually a team player on the pitch.

Off the pitch he was all about raising his profile and his fame outweighed his ability for the most part but on the pitch you couldn't really knock his attitude for wanting the best for his team and playing for the team.

Bellingham has bought into the idea it's the Bellingham show. Might get away with it vs Serbia but that selfishness on the pitch will be England's undoing against a better side.
Right about Beckham. I always praised his efforts for England.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.