Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm never going to be as good as Messi because I don't work hard enough and I take ages to get going after every little injury."?
That is so close to the truth it stings.

Why? It was a tactical change. People read into things was too much. I'm sure he will be back in the team for Southampton.
I'm sure he will.

But the fact remains that for the biggest fixture he was left out.

Was him being left out, for tactical reasons or not, a vote of confidence?

Not like he put much of a shift in when he came on either. I specifically watched him to see if he would work his balls off or have a sulk. In my opinion it was the latter

The worst deal Sergio gets on here is deluded City fans comparing him to Messi and Suarez as if he can be on their level. He hasn't got anywhere near the natural touch, skill and vision of Suarez and no player in the world has anywhere near Messi's ability obviously. What he is though is an absolutely amazing striker with a fantastic goal scoring record. Make the chances and he'll continue to score shitloads but get off his back and don't suddenly expect him to completely change his style now.

The worst deal Sergio gets on here is deluded City fans comparing him to Messi and Suarez as if he can be on their level. He hasn't got anywhere near the natural touch, skill and vision of Suarez and no player in the world has anywhere near Messi's ability obviously. What he is though is an absolutely amazing striker with a fantastic goal scoring record. Make the chances and he'll continue to score shitloads but get off his back and don't suddenly expect him to completely change his style now.
Suarez isn't looking that good

Aguero is not as nimble and quick as the player that came from Atletico but when he's on song he is brilliant. Hope we get to see the real Aguero again soon. I don't think he is 100% fit at the moment.

Lewandowski 15/16 - 8 tackles, 6 interceptions
Aguero 15/16 - 12 tackles, 6 interceptions

Didn't ever drop Robbie the pressing machine though did he

Pressing is not just tackling or intercepting.

And - Pep did similar at Bayern with just playing one of Müller and Lewandowski in a lot of the away matches in the CL.
It was somehow understandable that he will not play with 2 wingers, KdB, Silva and Agüero.

Spot on craig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.