Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not nice seeing him joking around at the full time whistle, I doubt he'd behave like that if Argentina were whacked by four.
I've a feeling this will be his last season, he's been absolutely sublime at times but maybe Pep and himself aren't on the same wavelength.
I've nothing concrete to substantiate this, it's just a hunch really and leaving him out tonight was probably the beginning of the end game.
Guardiola was probably pissed off he played twice for Argentina, especially with our run of fixtures in October.
From Aguero's perspective, i don't see him being the well disciplined machine that the manager wants.

Was thinking about Peps decision to not play him and was wondering if maybe it had something to do with his fitness. He would of been asked to press, press, press last night and with all his muscle strains over recent years that might of played a big part in the decision, especially considering he has been struggling a bit since international duty. Only speculating though.

Suarez isn't looking that good

Aguero is not as nimble and quick as the player that came from Atletico but when he's on song he is brilliant. Hope we get to see the real Aguero again soon. I don't think he is 100% fit at the moment.

Yeah that Suarez isn't that good, he only had a return of 62 goals for club and country last season!

I doubt there is a problem between Pep and Aguero. The latter played twice for Argentina, not fully fit and came back late. No surprise he was on the bench vs Everton. Last night Pep opted for another midfielder, as I expected he would. Tactical descision so nothing strange about that one as well.

Aguero seems a bit off, despite his scoring stats. I tend to believe Pep wants him to brighten his horizon, wants different things from him that Aguero hasn't experienced yet, just to make him a better player than he already is. It takes time and it can get to the players form in a way. Pep seems to spend a lot of time with players that he actually think have the mentality and intelligence to improve themselves. My guess is Aguero is one of them. And even Aguero feels he's not an automatic choice anymore with more competition developing around him and hopefully arriving in January by the name of Gabriel Jesus.

Might have researched Aguero going missing in the Barca games and helped him choose an extra midfielder. No issues with him not playing yesterday, up until the sending off we had created the most I've seen us create over there and was quite comfortable.

Not nice seeing him joking around at the full time whistle, I doubt he'd behave like that if Argentina were whacked by four.
I've a feeling this will be his last season, he's been absolutely sublime at times but maybe Pep and himself aren't on the same wavelength.
I've nothing concrete to substantiate this, it's just a hunch really and leaving him out tonight was probably the beginning of the end game.
Guardiola was probably pissed off he played twice for Argentina, especially with our run of fixtures in October.
From Aguero's perspective, i don't see him being the well disciplined machine that the manager wants.

Oh for fucks sake, this again.

His friends were commiserating him after full time. He cracked a smile - HOW DARE HE?! WHY WASN'T HE IN MOURNING?!

And if Guardiola is pissed off Aguero played twice for Argentina I suppose he is also pissed off at Bravo, Stones, Silva, Nolito who also had the temerity to play for their national teams twice in a week.

Might have researched Aguero going missing in the Barca games and helped him choose an extra midfielder. No issues with him not playing yesterday, up until the sending off we had created the most I've seen us create over there and was quite comfortable.

The man said himself it was tactical and there's absolutely 0 reason to suspect otherwise.

You're right - Aguero has been very peripheral in previous Barca games - because we're always overrun and have no possession and when we did manage to get the ball, we couldn't get it to him.

He played 6 midfielders and hoped Nolito/KDB/Sterling would be able to get on the end of the chances we were able to create with the extra man in midfield. Unfortunately none of them quite managed it but up to the red card we had more possession and better chances, and looked to be chasing an equaliser.

Aguero will need to keep working on his contributions in our build up play if he wants to play in games when we need more bodies in midfield like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.