Sergio Aguero - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is based on absolutely nothing, so I hope I'm hugely wrong, but I've got a really bad gut instinct feeling that next season we're going to see Aguero on the decline. Just got a bad feeling injuries and age could catch up to him big time. Once again, I hope i'm wrong of course. I likely will be too! Just can't shake this feeling for some reason...

This is based on absolutely nothing, so I hope I'm hugely wrong, but I've got a really bad gut instinct feeling that next season we're going to see Aguero on the decline. Just got a bad feeling injuries and age could catch up to him big time. Once again, I hope i'm wrong of course. I likely will be too! Just can't shake this feeling for some reason...
Agreed and the reason we will bring in a top quality forward this summer.

I personally think he's already at the point where his body isn't up to its best. However he's got a very wise head on his shoulders and there's still that goalscoring machine in there. Even if he's not the same he'll still be an important asset, such is his quality. Plus he's always been a fighter, which is always a valuable commodity in a player.

I do think we're past the point of him being a super frequent definitive starter though (eg like Laporte). He could easily still be #1 in Pep's eyes and start more than any other striker but (especially if we bring in another forward) I can see him getting rotated a lot more than ever, like Silva was.

As long as he's not rushed back nor decides to become lazy in training, I don't think we've got to worry about a sharp decline.

He’s Aguero. Along with David and Kevin a player who I very rarely see a non City fan criticise (few who do are just attention seekers). Let’s be honest he’s brilliant.

It’s nearly seven years, but I’m still trying to work out how he scored the opener in Pellers' first derby.

Negredo was awesome in his time with us. Some of the best goals and attacking threat I ever saw. Even Alan Hansen at that time described us as the best team in the world (and we were). After Negredo and Yaya we have lacked that physicality and presence with our diminutive squad..

I think most of us feel that. He can't be in great shape with all of these injuries over the years. He misses a few chances now he never used to but is still so intelligent and technically good he can score a goal a game no problem.

We will miss him sorely. Even if across the team the goals don't dry up, he has been such a pleasure to watch. From his debut onwards he just scored goal after goal and some of them were breathtaking. Clearly the QPR goal stands out but another I never manage to understand is the one at home to Liverpool where the keeper comes miles out and he is near the corner flag when he curls it in.

Let's hope he breaks his Anfield duck next season and scores the winning goals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.