Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

Thanks for the greatest moment in football in my lifetime. You will never be forgotten.

Many great moments, but the one that will always stand out to me wasn't his debut against Swansea... that turned the game or even a goal it was a couple of weeks later when we played Spurs away(I think we won 5-1 and Dzeko bagged 4). Anyway Spurs kept getting corners and had more players defending Sergio and the counter-attack than players in the box attacking the corner, that day I knew we had something very special in store for us.

‘Football Daily’ - Aguero special- BBC Sounds. Really good show and well worth a listen.

Yes, absolutely agree. If it's the interview with Nedum and Micah, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Nedum and Micah clearly have two different perspectives on Sergio — albeit they're in awe of him — and that makes it the more interesting. Also, I was surprised at how well Jermaine Jenas held the line. I haven't found him particularly interesting up to now, but there was good chemistry between the three of them, and Jenas, I thought, turned out to be a better interviewer than he is interviewee. Very respectful of Kun, too.

Many great moments, but the one that will always stand out to me wasn't his debut against Swansea... that turned the game or even a goal it was a couple of weeks later when we played Spurs away(I think we won 5-1 and Dzeko bagged 4). Anyway Spurs kept getting corners and had more players defending Sergio and the counter-attack than players in the box attacking the corner, that day I knew we had something very special in store for us.

Yes, good call. The thing that's astonishing about his goal is that you can see it coming, the Spurs fans can see it coming, their players can see it coming from quite far away, and there's fuck all anyone can do about it. Edin has rightly taken the plaudits for that match, but Sergio's is a forgotten gem.

Goodbye to the greatest City player ever!

One of the most ruthless and devastating goalscorers, greatest strikers, greatest foreign players, greatest players full stop, that English football has ever seen. The top foreign goalscorer in English football history.

My all-time favourite player.

Kun’s name sits atop of the entire City list for me, Meredith Doherty Trautmann Bell Yaya… Agüero is #1!

Give him a statue standing proud on his own at the stadium, name a stand after him, name the stadium after him, name surrounding streets after him, sod it name a part of Manchester after him…

Kun, I fucking love ya fella! To think we won’t get to see you pull on the shirt, put the ball in the net, or chant at you for you to hear ever again after this season feels like a relationship ending you don’t want to.

It’s been an absolute pleasure to watch you for a decade at this football club. Will miss your performances, your goals, you not giving a shit about what socks you wear even if they’re completely different to everyone else in the team, you not giving a shit about the officials telling you to hurry up when you get substituted…

Good luck for the rest of your career and the rest of your life. You will be remembered in Manchester for hundreds of years!

Adiós, amigo!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.