Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

I haven't really known what to say in this thread and have been devastated since it was announced he was leaving. After shedding a tear earlier with the emotion of it all I have calmed down now I feel quite at peace with him leaving. I was happy seeing him be the Sergio we love, scoring, laughing and having fun and not fading away on the bench (I know fading away isn't the right way to put it but I hope you know what I mean). I think the timing could be right, as it was with David and Vinnie, he is leaving as a winner again with hopefully another trophy to come. I am glad that he knows how loved he is by the fans and what he contributed to the club can't be put into words. Thank you doesn't seem enough but it's all I can say and I wish him all the happiness in the world.

From tracking that plane in 2011 to present day, I still pinch myself he plays for our club.
Irreplaceable!
Thankyou Kun for everything!
Remembering when we used to pin our hopes on the fellas who knew a few taxi drivers for the club or people who worked at Bridgewater Hospital where they used to do the medicals?

How fitting that Sergio should end his City career in much the same way as he began it; coming on as a substitute and scoring two goals at the North Stand end of the ground.

He has scored some important and brilliant goals at the other end - and elsewhere - but he will forever be associated with another he put away at that end, in what was the most iconic moment in Manchester City's history and one of the most memorable in world sport.

Am I right in thinking that he scored five on three occasions; Newcastle, Tottenham and Leicester? In his prime, he was a goal machine and, as his record shows he will always be remembered as one of the greatest goalscorers of all time. Will his minutes per goal record ever be beaten? I very much doubt it.

Thanks for all the fantastic memories, Sergio. There are too many to list them here, but I will never forget that sunny afternoon just over nine years ago, which wrote your name into Manchester City and English football legend.

Copied my post from his player performance thread since it's probably more appropriate here.

Two goals off the bench on his debut and repeats the feat in his last ever league game for the club. Almost as if he scores when he wants, eh?

A god-like combination of goals, trophies, breaking records, professionalism, 10 years service, good looks, chunky thighs, 93:20, thunderbastards and giving it to the rags. Alchemy perfected. Almost certain never to see the likes again in my lifetime.

If he has one more glorious entry to put into his City story on Saturday........fucking hell. 12 year old me couldn't even dream of making up my own hero story with so much winning. Legend.

Can’t really add much more to what has already been said - but maybe the biggest compliment is not what City fans have said about Kun - but the tributes by fans of other clubs - have seen Utd Arsenal Liverpool Spurs Chelsea fans all posting tributes - in fact virtually all the PL clubs supporters have paid tribute to Sergio

How fitting that Sergio should end his City career in much the same way as he began it; coming on as a substitute and scoring two goals at the North Stand end of the ground.

He has scored some important and brilliant goals at the other end - and elsewhere - but he will forever be associated with another he put away at that end, in what was the most iconic moment in Manchester City's history and one of the most memorable in world sport.

Am I right in thinking that he scored five on three occasions; Newcastle, Tottenham and Leicester? In his prime, he was a goal machine and, as his record shows he will always be remembered as one of the greatest goalscorers of all time. Will his minutes per goal record ever be beaten? I very much doubt it.

Thanks for all the fantastic memories, Sergio. There are too many to list them here, but I will never forget that sunny afternoon just over nine years ago, which wrote your name into Manchester City and English football legend.
There could be a different, even bigger, ending yet!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.