Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

2012 was emotional and today is equally emotional.

I began watching City in 1973 when i was 8, so Sergio is really the best striker i have seen for City. I said to me Dad on his debut in 2011 that we had bought a superstar and i was right.

Every year he just kept producing and he was world class, if it wasn't for his injuries he'd be pushing Shearer's goal record.

I have a feeling there's one more chapter in the story, hoping he can get at least one more goal next week.

Thanks for the memories Sergio, i love you man, you are a legend and you will never be forgotten!

As amazing as it would be for him to score the winner or similar next Saturday I just want us to win it for him, even if he only plays 10 minutes at the end just get him a winners medal and his hands on the trophy.

Like so many, that was very emotional today. Funnily enough, I was looking at stats for the top scorers in top flight football history. We haven’t had too many City players who’ve done it - Sergio in 2015, Carlos in 2011, Franny in 1972, and, interestingly, Frank Roberts in 1925. I’m sure some of you know a thing or two about Frank, but I must confess his achievement was new to me.

I took a look at Frank on Wikipedia. He had an eventful career, including a few appearances and goals for England. But another little fact caught my eye; he died on 23rd May 1961, making today the 60th anniversary of his death!

I’m sure there are family members who mark the anniversary and remember Frank, but fitting too that we should do so too on blue moon. And no more appropriate way to show Sergio, that even when 100 years have passed after his extraordinary achievements, he will not be forgotten by fans of Manchester City.

Like so many, that was very emotional today. Funnily enough, I was looking at stats for the top scorers in top flight football history. We haven’t had too many City players who’ve done it - Sergio in 2015, Carlos in 2011, Franny in 1972, and, interestingly, Frank Roberts in 1925. I’m sure some of you know a thing or two about Frank, but I must confess his achievement was new to me.

I took a look at Frank on Wikipedia. He had an eventful career, including a few appearances and goals for England. But another little fact caught my eye; he died on 23rd May 1961, making today the 60th anniversary of his death!

I’m sure there are family members who mark the anniversary and remember Frank, but fitting too that we should do so too on blue moon. And no more appropriate way to show Sergio, that even when 100 years have passed after his extraordinary achievements, he will not be forgotten by fans of Manchester City.
Great post. Thanks for that.

He can never be replaced. Quite emotional today especially when it sinks it that he won’t be playing for us no more. The last 10 years have flown by it’s crazy. Thank you for the greatest moment of my life Kun, and everything else in between

Idk how to even feel. I love that man and I’m not scared to admit it. He is one of those players that you feel like you have personally known him bc how humble he seems. Can’t believe it over

Reactions: CC1
words cant express how im feeling knowing Sergio leaving end of an era and an era i never thought I'd ever see (successful period)thankyou Sergio for all you have done for this great club

Sergio says farewell to the PL the way he introduced himself to the stage. An incredible and still underrated CF. Underrated by the biased media who only comes out with praise now Sergio says goodbye.

A true legend and humble man. As he was today. Thank you mr. Aguero. 93:20 was your biggest moment but you showed so much more to be remembered by. You said you wanted to be remembered changing the clubs fortune. You did. Thank you.
Now there is just one more game left. And we all know how you like to score vs Chelsea. It would be the perfect fairy tale end.

I've been ok with sergio leaving since last season. I've personally thought this should be his last season, even when fully fit, before injuries put him out of most of it. Particularly after his absences, I've accepted it, and I've been ok with it.

And yet, I still feel I'm just not quite ok with it. Totally gutted, and despite it being clear in my head for over a year, I still can't quite comprehend he will no longer be here next season. Is that weird?
No mate, not weird. I’m exactly the same. Was ok until I listened to him today and it’s clear he wanted to stay. Then that 20 minutes. Then more from him and then Pep. Bloody hell. maybe it’s for the best but I can’t help thinking if he stays fit he has another year or two in him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.