Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

Was fortunate enough to be at his debut against Swansea, a tap in at the far post and then a worldie from 25 yards, set the tone and standard for a decade, and what a decade its been. For many (me included), City and Sergio have been the backdrop of a decade that has passed so quickly, but with so many pivotal, season and life defining goals and moments, Liverpool, United, Arsenal and of course QPR to name but a few.

I‘ve always considered it a privilege to be a City fan, it’s life affirming character building stuff, but Sergio (aided by a few others) made impossible footballing dreams come true consistently over that 10 year period.

I was lucky enough to be there on Sunday, to witness that piece of football and emotional symmetry - it somehow felt right that Sergio leaves in the way he did - reminding us of his world class talent and that ability to bring joy to thousands.

What a legacy, what a player and what memories our greatest ever striker has left us with.

We are forever in your debt Sergio.

Just found this photo i took of Sergio warming up before his first ever appearance for City at the 2011 Super Cup in Dublin

Attachments

• 279547_10150324231990907_2874374_o_10150324231990907.jpg
    279547_10150324231990907_2874374_o_10150324231990907.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 76
Who the hell is no 8 ?
A beast of an Argentine Striker, played for Chelsea in his latter stages of his career if I remember, him and Batistuta and Shearer were constantly linked to the rags every summer for years before he arrived at Chelsea.
That’s some list and Sergio is top, and that says a lot. Still devastated he’s not getting an extension kaz

So sorry Serge that the team couldn’t give you the send off you wanted and deserved. Would’ve been a fairytale ending and that’s what hurts the most about tonight! Even if we win it next season it just won’t be the same without you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.