Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

Perhaps we've announced it before the club he is going to did
It can only be a foreign club at this point in time.
I sincerely hope he is going back to Argentina so we don't ever have to see him playing against us.
One of our greatest players whom my wife and I, and our families, will never forget and we will treasure the signed shirt we are lucky enough to possess.

It's just a bad way to do it IMO and a shit way for one of our best players to leave.

Every game Pep doesn't pick him in, we're going to see camera shots of him sitting on the bench every 3 minutes and have to listen to commentators talking about it. The next 5 days are going to be absolutely dominated by who's going to replace him.

The Dortmund games are going to be a complete circus with the Haaland link now. The media were focusing on him going to United/Real/Chelsea before this but the vacuum of us losing Aguero will make all the press coverage land on us.

We'll probably get Watzke denying there's been a deal agreed for Haaland and insulting the club by the end of the week.

It's going to make the fans incredibly toxic, any game in which Jesus or Sterling don't score and Aguero is on the pitch, they're going to get heaps of abuse.

I can't understand why they made it public now. It's got the potential to overshadow the entire run in. There's a reason Kompany waited until after his last game.
Just deal with it.

I doubt he wants a lot of fuss and slipping out the back door is fine. Not everyone is that egotistical, and C19 situation makes it easier all around.

I hope he rests his body and quits now. Batistuta's ankles hurt so much he couldn't stand up when he was about 40 and ended up pissing himself due to it. He went to the physician asking for his lower legs to be amputated it hurt so much, who put few screws in instead so it eased off in time. With the amount of injuries he keeps having I would walk away whilst I could, he has nothing to prove.

I think there's a lot of overthinking in this thread. It's sad but it's not exactly surprising is it? Was very much a case of 'you're damned if you, damned if you don't' with how the club dealt with this situation. Even though I'm gutted he's going, personally, I'm kinda relieved its over. It was so bloody obvious that he was going IMO that it got tiring seeing people moan about him not starting and kicking off. As for the speculation about replacements now etc, who really gives a fuck. I think both City and Sergio will feel relieved that everyone now knows where they stand and they'll crack on and carry on winning. It's not shocking in the slightest for anyone who's been paying any attention to us at all so I cant see any reason at all why itll affect us on or off the pitch. The annoying press briefings from Sergio's camp will now stop too. As will loads of other shit.

Edit - the difference for me re Kompany is that he was playing week in week out when he decided to leave. There was no discontent at all. Sergio has kinda been sidelined by injuries and the manager. It was clearly a very different atmosphere and we saw how annoyed Kun was about his standing right now at city with the little moan about not getting the ball. We couldn't leave it to play out in the same way as one was happy Vinnie, the other was sad Kun. Way different.

Well stop whining then.

It's not whining to point out something's not been handled very well.

Also I'm not really interested in being lectured to about whining from anyone who wanted Pep to fuck off in October.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.