Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

Depressed and sad to hear the news tonight. Whenever I rewatch the 2012 game I still experience a multitude of overwhelming emotions.

Thanks for a glorious ten years Sergio.

I think there's a lot of overthinking in this thread. It's sad but it's not exactly surprising is it? Was very much a case of 'you're damned if you, damned if you don't' with how the club dealt with this situation. Even though I'm gutted he's going, personally, I'm kinda relieved its over. It was so bloody obvious that he was going IMO that it got tiring seeing people moan about him not starting and kicking off. As for the speculation about replacements now etc, who really gives a fuck. I think both City and Sergio will feel relieved that everyone now knows where they stand and they'll crack on and carry on winning. It's not shocking in the slightest for anyone who's been paying any attention to us at all so I cant see any reason at all why itll affect us on or off the pitch. The annoying press briefings from Sergio's camp will now stop too. As will loads of other shit.

Edit - the difference for me re Kompany is that he was playing week in week out when he decided to leave. There was no discontent at all. Sergio has kinda been sidelined by injuries and the manager. It was clearly a very different atmosphere and we saw how annoyed Kun was about his standing right now at city with the little moan about not getting the ball. We couldn't leave it to play out in the same way as one was happy Vinnie, the other was sad Kun. Way different.
Kompany had played in the minority of games for 4 years in a row before he left so I doubt he got retaining offer himself i.e. one which meant he would be on the retained list.

We need to have a proper replacement in place or else he will make us look like mugs when he inevitably kicks on at his new club.

Will be sorely missed.

Re. the comparisons with Kompany, Vinnie left to keep a promise to himself and to Anderlecht, Sergio will do the same by joining up with his friend Messi. I'm sure he will play in three finals before he leaves City and score a vital goal in at least one of them. I hope he starts the last league game against Everton and is subbed on 85 minutes to an ovation from everyone on the field and in the stands. Be good if Ms Sian Massey is on the touchline, too.

Just occurred to me, has he made enough appearances this season to qualify for a PL winner's medal?

Edit - the difference for me re Kompany is that he was playing week in week out when he decided to leave. There was no discontent at all. Sergio has kinda been sidelined by injuries and the manager. It was clearly a very different atmosphere and we saw how annoyed Kun was about his standing right now at city with the little moan about not getting the ball. We couldn't leave it to play out in the same way as one was happy Vinnie, the other was sad Kun. Way different.
Kompany played in his final season more than he had done in the previous three seasons. The injuries were certainly affecting him and he took the decision that it was time to go.

Aguero has been plagued with injuries for a while but it was certainly building up. Overall, it was not that much different than Kompany. I do think that Aguero has a season or two left in him, although it will be in a less demanding environment than the Premier League.

It is the right time for Aguero to leave City.

Just occurred to me, has he made enough appearances this season to qualify for a PL winner's medal?
Yes, he's already made 8 appearances. Only need 5 to be eligible for a medal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.