Sergio Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing this lad would be the icing on any cake,the 'blow your brain' signing we have heard so much about? I fookin hope so.

Aguero has already said nothing will happen until after Copa America and that all interested parties should contact his agent. We would be fools if we didn't at least sound out the possibility of snapping him up.

This would be the 'mind blowing' 'signing of the summer' that's been touted. The guy is pure class and will be a better player than Carlos in my humble opinion. And without all the bullshit too!

raininspain said:
LoveCity said:
We should spare no expense for Aguero, even if the price tops 40m. He WILL be worth it and will stay loyal to the club long-term as he has for Atletico, despite that club being indefinitely doomed to no better than 3rd place in La Liga.

I'm watching the sports news here in Spain on Cuatro. In the headlines they have said that "suena mucho el nombre de Manchester City hoy para el fichaje de Kun Aguero", which would be translated as something like "Manchester City's name stands out today regarding the transfer of Sergio 'Kun' Aguero".

If/When they say anything else, I'll post it on here. I'm definitely not an ITK, but Cuatro's sports presenters are normally on the ball.
cheers bud.

Taylor said:
Aguero has already said nothing will happen until after Copa America and that all interested parties should contact his agent. We would be fools if we didn't at least sound out the possibility of snapping him up.

After the Argies second successive 0-0 draw last night that may be sooner rather than later.

OK, here you have it, hot off the TV:

They called it the 'culebrón de verano' (summer soap-opera), saying that there have been three different stages since Aguero told Atlético de Madrid back in May that he was leaving.

Stage 1: Real Madrid seemed to be seriously interested. Since then, however, they've made quite a few signings and have a real embarrassment of riches up front. Therefore, they are no longer interested. Aguero, by the way, loves Atlético de Madrid and would almost certainly not want to play for their rivals (it's a bit like the City-rags rivalry over here).

Stage 2: Juventus seemed to have tied up the deal, but that is simply not true. They aren't willing to pay the buy-out clause and negotiations have stalled completely.

Stage 3: City are now interested, especially since Tevez's statement the other day. The difference with Juve's offer is that we ARE happy to meet the asking price (the buy-out clause, that is).

They then spoke to Enrique Cerezo, Atlético's president, who was quite clear:

"Any club that wants to sign Kun Aguero knows what they need to do: pay the 45 millions of his 'clausula' (buy-out clause) and deal directly with the player, his agent and his father".

Plus points in our favour are that we are in the Champions League and Juve are not in anything. Nothing new here, but one of Aguero's reasons for leaving Atlético was that he wanted to play with the best and felt that he couldn't do much more with the 'colchoneros'.

So, there you have it. As I said, nothing really new but things sound more promising than a few days ago.

Buenas tardes a todos/as.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.