Sergio Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true that Juve have/are happy to meet the buyout clause then we'd have to.

However, was there any progress on this?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2009237/Chelsea-Sergio-Aguero.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... guero.html</a>

Chelsea are monitoring developments with Sergio Aguero after his advisers held talks with Atletico Madrid in an attempt to get his release clause reduced from £42m to £32m.

SkyBlueFlux said:
Although Aguero is probably worth his buy-out clause it'd be bad business to go straight in there and drop £45m on their laps. Especially in the absence of other options we should be coming in lower initially. I hope we can get something agreed here though because I'd love to see what this guy can do in the Prem.

I thought it was 45M Euros not Pounds?

sir malcom said:
tevez for aguero.....well its just a thought.

They would rather just buy Tevez for 30m tops and sell Aguero for 40m+. Anyone who thinks we are going to get a great deal from Tevez transfer, is wrong.

citytill1die84 said:
bumbleblue said:
get it done city. Get Zabs to have a word and keep him away from carlitos.

Don't think Carlos would have a bad word to say about us mate. He loves the club the fans just hates the country and is a greedy bastard :(

yeah he loves us so much he threw 2 City scarves on the floor at wembley

BringBackSwales said:
SkyBlueFlux said:
Although Aguero is probably worth his buy-out clause it'd be bad business to go straight in there and drop £45m on their laps. Especially in the absence of other options we should be coming in lower initially. I hope we can get something agreed here though because I'd love to see what this guy can do in the Prem.

I thought it was 45M Euros not Pounds?

My apologies I think you're right.

Castiel said:
SkyBlueFlux said:
Atletico have said they'll only take the buyout clause. You pay that and then you convince the player to join you. They've made this clear several times.

They say that, but are they in a position to turn us down if the player wants out and we've put in the best bid? All I'm saying is that surely you start at a few million below the buy-out clause just to test the water, if they refuse to take any less then it's at their own risk because we're the buyers with the money. If there was another strong bidder then the cost would end up approaching the buy-out clause anyway but if we're the only club in it then there's no reason for us to raise our price above what we deem to be the players value.

SkyBlueFlux said:
They say that, but are they in a position to turn us down if the player wants out and we've put in the best bid? All I'm saying is that surely you start at a few million below the buy-out clause just to test the water, if they refuse to take any less then it's at their own risk because we're the buyers with the money. If there was another strong bidder then the cost would end up approaching the buy-out clause anyway but if we're the only club in it then there's no reason for us to raise our price above what we deem to be the players value.
You are right in saying thats the usual negotiation strategy but Atletico have come out and said that they absolutely will sell the player, he's available to anyone (except Real Madrid) provided they meet the buyout clause. I don't think its wise to start screwing them around over price unless nobody else comes to the table (like Juventus are trying to). Now that several unnamed clubs are reportedly talking to his agents, the buyout clause will have to be paid and it becomes a matter of which club the player chooses.

It is a refreshing approach, no messing around with the club - just pay up and you deal with the player from there.

Castiel said:
SkyBlueFlux said:
You are right in saying thats the usual negotiation strategy but Atletico have come out and said that they absolutely will sell the player, he's available to anyone (except Real Madrid) provided they meet the buyout clause. I don't think its wise to start screwing them around over price unless nobody else comes to the table (like Juventus are trying to). Now that several unnamed clubs are reportedly talking to his agents, the buyout clause will have to be paid and it becomes a matter of which club the player chooses.

It is a refreshing approach, no messing around with the club - just pay up and you deal with the player from there.

isn't that the nature of a buyout clause, if someone offers it the club have to let him go? On that basis what is the refreshing approach of Athletico, surely they would have no choice?

BringBackSwales said:
isn't that the nature of a buyout clause, if someone offers it the club have to let him go? On that basis what is the refreshing approach of Athletico, surely they would have no choice?
It works differently in Spain I believe. The point is they're not letting anyone talk to the player unless they're "prepared" to pay that clause. Then Juventus came in and said they were, spoke to Aguero's agents, and are now haggling over price which has pissed Atletico off. They probably never had any intention of paying the clause and wanted to convince the player first then talk the price down. I think Chelsea tried to do this as well and on both occasions Atletico gave us the finger.

It seems like they're adamant in this situation because of how openly resigned they are to him leaving but only at the price they've set. Its refreshing because, well look at Modric. We all know that if someone offered say £40m for him he'd go immediately. But Levy continues to say "he's not for sale at any price and no matter how much he complains." They've basically cut out the bullshit.

It would be amazing if we got this guy. Hes just a younger version of Tevez with a much better attitude.

I hope we get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.