Sergio Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.
raininspain said:
OK, here you have it, hot off the TV:

They called it the 'culebrón de verano' (summer soap-opera), saying that there have been three different stages since Aguero told Atlético de Madrid back in May that he was leaving.

Stage 1: Real Madrid seemed to be seriously interested. Since then, however, they've made quite a few signings and have a real embarrassment of riches up front. Therefore, they are no longer interested. Aguero, by the way, loves Atlético de Madrid and would almost certainly not want to play for their rivals (it's a bit like the City-rags rivalry over here).

Stage 2: Juventus seemed to have tied up the deal, but that is simply not true. They aren't willing to pay the buy-out clause and negotiations have stalled completely.

Stage 3: City are now interested, especially since Tevez's statement the other day. The difference with Juve's offer is that we ARE happy to meet the asking price (the buy-out clause, that is).

They then spoke to Enrique Cerezo, Atlético's president, who was quite clear:

"Any club that wants to sign Kun Aguero knows what they need to do: pay the 45 millions of his 'clausula' (buy-out clause) and deal directly with the player, his agent and his father".

Plus points in our favour are that we are in the Champions League and Juve are not in anything. Nothing new here, but one of Aguero's reasons for leaving Atlético was that he wanted to play with the best and felt that he couldn't do much more with the 'colchoneros'.

So, there you have it. As I said, nothing really new but things sound more promising than a few days ago.

Buenas tardes a todos/as.

Pay the money city

raininspain said:
OK, here you have it, hot off the TV:

They called it the 'culebrón de verano' (summer soap-opera), saying that there have been three different stages since Aguero told Atlético de Madrid back in May that he was leaving.

Stage 1: Real Madrid seemed to be seriously interested. Since then, however, they've made quite a few signings and have a real embarrassment of riches up front. Therefore, they are no longer interested. Aguero, by the way, loves Atlético de Madrid and would almost certainly not want to play for their rivals (it's a bit like the City-rags rivalry over here).

Stage 2: Juventus seemed to have tied up the deal, but that is simply not true. They aren't willing to pay the buy-out clause and negotiations have stalled completely.

Stage 3: City are now interested, especially since Tevez's statement the other day. The difference with Juve's offer is that we ARE happy to meet the asking price (the buy-out clause, that is).

They then spoke to Enrique Cerezo, Atlético's president, who was quite clear:

"Any club that wants to sign Kun Aguero knows what they need to do: pay the 45 millions of his 'clausula' (buy-out clause) and deal directly with the player, his agent and his father".

Plus points in our favour are that we are in the Champions League and Juve are not in anything. Nothing new here, but one of Aguero's reasons for leaving Atlético was that he wanted to play with the best and felt that he couldn't do much more with the 'colchoneros'.

So, there you have it. As I said, nothing really new but things sound more promising than a few days ago.

Buenas tardes a todos/as.

Great post.

Imo most players are not worth their buyout clause, in this case I definitely think we should pay it. I think Aguero is just as good as Tevez if not better, he would be a brilliant replacement for Tevez.

This would be the signing of the summer.

Hmmm 45m for Aguero or 35m for Lavezzi... I know I would rather spend 10m more and get Aguero!

GET IT DONE CITY!

I have a feeling the Lavezzi comments, although true, have been leaked to put some pressure on other possible deals.

Not doubting we are genuinely interested in Lavezzi or Aguero or Cerci etc however we will probably only sign 1 of them.

Although Aguero is probably worth his buy-out clause it'd be bad business to go straight in there and drop £45m on their laps. Especially in the absence of other options we should be coming in lower initially. I hope we can get something agreed here though because I'd love to see what this guy can do in the Prem.

SkyBlueFlux said:
Although Aguero is probably worth his buy-out clause it'd be bad business to go straight in there and drop £45m on their laps. Especially in the absence of other options we should be coming in lower initially. I hope we can get something agreed here though because I'd love to see what this guy can do in the Prem.
Atletico have said they'll only take the buyout clause. You pay that and then you convince the player to join you. They've made this clear several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.