Sergio Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.
no point in having 4 big name strikers to compete for one spot. it only spells trouble.

Dzeko, Balo, Aguero, Gudetti should be enough.

KingofDraw said:
no point in having 4 big name strikers to compete for one spot. it only spells trouble.

Can see the trouble that having four big name strikers at the club but with all the game we have next year along with the Champions league games against better clubs than we are used to playing in Europe. We need 4 top strikers at the club as when Tevez got injured along with Balotelli we struggled upfront badly.
And now with rotation of players within a squad now a routine exercise used by managers.
And with a limit of players you can use in a first team squad these player will have to get use to being rotated wether thats due a game back log and playing every 3 days like we did last year or simply just to freshen up the formation and tactics or for what ever reason Mancini chooses. Mancini like's to have options within the squad and with 4 top striker he will have all the options he will need for the challenges we will face next season

The Game 77 said:
KingofDraw said:

Can see the trouble that having four big name strikers at the club but with all the game we have next year along with the Champions league games against better clubs than we are used to playing in Europe. We need 4 top strikers at the club as when Tevez got injured along with Balotelli we struggled upfront badly.
And now with rotation of players within a squad now a routine exercise used by managers.
And with a limit of players you can use in a first team squad these player will have to get use to being rotated wether thats due a game back log and playing every 3 days like we did last year or simply just to freshen up the formation and tactics or for what ever reason Mancini chooses. Mancini like's to have options within the squad and with 4 top striker he will have all the options he will need for the challenges we will face next season

i guess if you have the money then you can do what you feel u want to do. I dont think we Need 4 top strikers to be able to compete. its up to Dzeko and Balo to perform Mancini brought them here, i believe they will come good anyways.

Other teams seem to do fine with 3.

Barca: Villa, Messi, and bojan
Inter: Eto'o Milito and Balo year before
Real: Benzema Higuain Ade
Even united only used 3 strikers and they play 2 up front for most of the season.

If we get 4 and continue to play 1 up front and 2 or 3 have to be benched for most of the big games and only play carling cup or fa cup or when people get injured i can see it ending badly like a lot of other things. the "I didnt come here to sit on the bench blah blah i want to leave, Manchester city is a horrible club blah blah" lol

KingofDraw said:
The Game 77 said:
KingofDraw said:

i guess if you have the money then you can do what you feel u want to do. I dont think we Need 4 top strikers to be able to compete. its up to Dzeko and Balo to perform Mancini brought them here, i believe they will come good anyways.

Even united only used 3 strikers and they play 2 up front for most of the season.
If we get 4 and continue to play 1 up front and 2 or 3 have to be benched for most of the big games and only play carling cup or fa cup or when people get injured i can see it ending badly like a lot of other things. the "I didnt come here to sit on the bench blah blah i want to leave, Manchester city is a horrible club blah blah" lol

Rooney... Berbatov... Hernandez... Owen

All played a decent number of games last season.

And remember that Wellbeck, Marcheda and Diouff were sent out on loan as well.

For the English game four strikers are needed.

Soulboy said:
KingofDraw said:
The Game 77 said:

Owen started 4 matches one of the each PL, FA Cup, CC, and CS. and had 13 appearances as a sub.

That 17 total appearances in all competitions.

The fourth striker always has to be someone willing to sit on the bench. Currently Jo but he isn't even useful as a #4 as he offers no threat coming off the bench.

okstate99 said:
Soulboy said:
KingofDraw said:

Owen started 4 matches one of the each PL, FA Cup, CC, and CS. and had 13 appearances as a sub.

That 17 total appearances in all competitions.

That's more than Bellamy, Caceido, Adebayor, RSC and Jo COMBINED!

Like I say... four strikers are needed.

Soulboy said:

Jo alone made 23 appearances last season. 12 league, 5 FA Cup, 1 Carling Cup, 5 Europa League.

LoveCity said:
Soulboy said:

Jo alone made 23 appearances last season. 12 league, 5 FA Cup, 1 Carling Cup, 5 Europa League.

Exactamundo!

And he's our FOURTH striker!

Point proven I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.