Sergio Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/transfer-talk-show/blog/2011-07-09/hunter-manchester-city-have-samuel-etoo-and-kun-aguero-their-sights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/transf ... eir-sights</a>

from earlier

I would be really cautious with Higuain and Benzema. First, they don't drop back to the midfield and link up play like Tevez does.

They also play in a squad that is vastly superior to all their opposition. A lot of their goals can be walked into the net with service from Ozil and Xabi Alonso.

One of them plus 23m would be an exceptional business move, though I think we would still be missing out on Aguero, who in my mind is superior by some distance.

Blue Haze said:
I would be really cautious with Higuain and Benzema. First, they don't drop back to the midfield and link up play like Tevez does.

They also play in a squad that is vastly superior to all their opposition. A lot of their goals can be walked into the net with service from Ozil and Xabi Alonso.

One of them plus 23m would be an exceptional business move, though I think we would still be missing out on Aguero, who in my mind is superior by some distance.

I very much agree. Especially that last sentence. The questions are, is Higuian injury prone or just lucky. And is Benzema too much like Dzeko to be a target of ours?

Blue Haze said:

We're looking at getting another creative influence in midfield though so that might not be a problem.

bobmcfc said:
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/transfer-talk-show/blog/2011-07-09/hunter-manchester-city-have-samuel-etoo-and-kun-aguero-their-sights

from earlier

I heard that earlier - don't know how reliable Graham Hunter is, but he said we'd talked directly to Eto'o and had made a bid for Aguero!

Blue Haze said:

I think Benzema is a better footballer than most realize. He is skilled, intelligent and can and does play deeper than Higuain who is more of a poacher type.

I would take 32m and Sergio Canales tbh or if pushed, 20m and Kaka.

We could end up being really economical this summer...

Ins:

Gael Clichy (£7,000,000)
Stefan Savic (£6,000,000)
Samir Nasri (£22,000,000)
Sergio Aguero (£39,000,000)
Sergio Canales (p/Ex)
--Maybe--
Lavezzi (£29,000,000)

Outs:
Tevez [£32,000,000 + Canales]
Adebayor [£6,000,000]
Given [£4,000,000]
SWP [£3,500,000
RSC [£1,000,000]
Bellamy [Free]

Overall Spend = £25.5m [£54.5m with Lavezzi]

So even if we got all our targets, we could end up spending less than Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and maybe even Spurs.

Stuuuuuu said:
Not sure if we can really command £35 million for SWP though mate.

You mad? Of course we can, infact, I heard Atletico wanted to do a straight swap but we weren't interested. Too valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.