Sergio Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castiel said:
blinkblue said:
No, as an interchangeable fluid inside forward, like Balo was at times last season. That's what I think anyway. The way Ronaldo plays sometimes, coming in from the left.
I keep hearing that and you're really going to regret it if it happens. Playing without wingers is infuriating. Barcelona can do it because of the sheer creativity, possession and ability to dribble through defences. Even with Nasri and Silva you're not going to be able to accomplish that and will struggle against park the bus teams without wingers stretching the back line. I had to watch this under Ancelotti's Chelsea a lot, and we had Drogba who is capable of ramming through defensive lines.

Very good point. However, The modus operandi of AC Milan and Inter Milan is indicative of why an approach is so effective. When AC milan took on spurs; spurs' winged approach was easily diminished (in the second leg at least) by doubling up on the wings with Defensive mids. Now, present creative movement along the final third and you will expose the either lack of width or lack of narrowness. The Fa cup final pushed the stoke wingers so far deep so as to alleviate the attacking pressure, allowing us to retain possession easily (as they had to resort to the long ball at times).

Castiel said:
Well good luck with that. I'll have Robben and Duff back over any "interchangeable fluid inside forward line" any time.
Obviously the general hope is that the full backs can take the role of the wingers and allow for more creativity in the midfield. Mancini and wingers don't mix.

VinceYoungisaBLUE said:
zangatangring said:
blinkblue said:
No, as an interchangeable fluid inside forward, like Balo was at times last season. That's what I think anyway. The way Ronaldo plays sometimes, coming in from the left.

Thanks again for the thought-provoking convictions. However, don't you think that Balotelli would be amazing playing as an "interchangeable fluid inside forward"? The guy has myriads of skill and is, unequivocally, the best candidate for such stipulations in the premier league at the moment.

hahaha "myriads of skill" are you serious?

Ok, what do you want me to do?

Castiel said:
Well good luck with that. I'll have Robben and Duff back over any "interchangeable fluid inside forward line" any time.
And you have to admit that the likes of Silva, Aguero/Tevez and Balo are more suited to an interchangeable front line that the likes of Drogba and Torres.

zangatangring said:
VinceYoungisaBLUE said:
zangatangring said:
Thanks again for the thought-provoking convictions. However, don't you think that Balotelli would be amazing playing as an "interchangeable fluid inside forward"? The guy has myriads of skill and is, unequivocally, the best candidate for such stipulations in the premier league at the moment.

hahaha "myriads of skill" are you serious?

Ok, what do you want me to do?

Not patronize everyone here by using your vocab.

zangatangring said:
blinkblue said:
zangatangring said:
Thank you. So Aguero would be played as a winger? Wouldn't that be a huge waste?

By definition, myriad doesn't have a plural - you pretentious dick.

zangatangring said:
I must say, all the hype surrounding Sergio Aguero certainly isn't fallacious. I was cynical when it came to his abilities. Now, however, purely based on vicarious judgement, I certainly wouldn't frown upon his purchase, although I have my doubts of the validity of the rumours.

Now, say we did purchase aguero, that would insinuate that a front three of tevez, aguero and balotelli interchanging would be deployed. This obligates Mancini into delegating silva to a playmaker role in the midfield 3. Leaving no room for the purchase of an attacking midfielder.

I would've thought that the acquisition of a more versatile striker/winger such as Hulk would be a more sensible signing, as hulk can pose a greater threat along the final third. If you watch him, you'll see what i mean. Additionally, he can also be utilised as an excellent winger.

Thoughts anyone?

Que ??

HalfwayUpTheKippax said:
zangatangring said:
blinkblue said:

By definition, myriad doesn't have a plural - you pretentious dick.

Ok, sorry, i'll take the higher ground. I assure you i wasn't trying to be pretentious. Just formal. I'm not the one who resorted to insults first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.