Sergio Aguero.

Only player I thought didn't play well yesterday. In fairness, he didn't have much space to work in because of United's negative tactics.

The same thing with him all season that has stopped him from scoring more is trying to take to many touches.

He wants to cut in, cut out, cut back in again and just ends up in a dead end and/or a defender usually gets back to easily block his shot.

I think Nasri has the same habit too of wanting to score the beautiful goal.

Goals like this were normal for him in Argentina, but in England your execution needs to be perfect against a good defender:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI6zMLWLntU[/youtube]

Don't know why people thought Aguero played bad, he was fully suffocated in their backline and he did great to hold on to the ball and take pressure of the side, same is definitely said for Nasri.

Tevez was also fantastic at breaking up play....

Sergio is going to be a star, hopefully at City for at least 5 years

adammck said:
Don't know why people thought Aguero played bad, he was fully suffocated in their backline and he did great to hold on to the ball and take pressure of the side, same is definitely said for Nasri.
Because he did play bad.

Him being suffocated by their tactics is only a slight reason why he wasn't able to express himself.

However, that doesn't mean I can't say he was poor. When he did have the ball, his decision making was bad tonight.

He tries to cut too much, instead of letting it rip when he is in a good shooting position. Almost as if he is too scared to waste a chance and tries to set up "the perfect shot." He's been doing this all year and it has failed him very often.

Remember this?:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D07PVcwORyg[/youtube]

Oh, and I'm sorry but him being indecisive on the ball took no pressure away from the team.

^^ I agree exactly this is problem. He just needs to learn when to make the shot earlier when the chance presents itself. Likes to make to fancy. Same with Nasri he did today when could have iced game. I know 2 or 3 chances today Aguero could have gotten shot off but did not. Still think he played good game.

Also, video you post above is no fair. He was going to get shot off before the donkey decide to poke foot and shoot like a fairy. But still true Aguero could have scored if shot earlier, but he was going to score if Dzeko no touch it.

He was up against a blanket Utd defence, but still gave Rooney a lesson on how to hold the ball up in tight spaces. Every blue played well

United parked the bus, no surprise our creative flair players weren't spectacular. Hard to when there's 4 defenders and 5 midfielders behind the ball.

Jumanji said:
Only player I thought didn't play well yesterday. In fairness, he didn't have much space to work in because of United's negative tactics.

The same thing with him all season that has stopped him from scoring more is trying to take to many touches.

He wants to cut in, cut out, cut back in again and just ends up in a dead end and/or a defender usually gets back to easily block his shot.

I think Nasri has the same habit too of wanting to score the beautiful goal.

Goals like this were normal for him in Argentina, but in England your execution needs to be perfect against a good defender:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI6zMLWLntU[/youtube]

Aguero was visibly nervous, and missed some good chances, he was hesitant to take his shots. Nasri was the same. You can't blame them, you can say it was a lack of experience under a pressure cooker situation..Yaya and Tevez helped ease that pressure imo..

Its "Ser-hee-ho, Ser-hee-ho" according to the programme. But "Ser-gee-ho, Ser-gee-ho" makes him smile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.