Sergio Aguero.

Aguero , like Dzeko , is proving that if we supply him with a decent service , he'll put the ball in the net ... and that's making all the difference , the fact that of late we have been putting some quality balls into the box , and actually been 'trying' to pick targets out.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Get on this:

OptaJoe Opta Sports
9 - Sergio Agüero has scored nine goals from just 12 shots on target in the Premier League this season. Laser.

Thats an amazing stat and shows that he is a lethal finisher which is one of his three main weapons

His second is his movement. If you watch him closely he runs across the backline pulling defenders out of positions leaving gaps for others to exploit, he also drops back into the "hole" and defenders then must choose either to stick with him or drop back which leads me to his next weapon...

His pace. Over 10-20 yards he has blistering pace, 2 great examples of this
Vs Spurs, 1 v 1 with Dawson(who i rate as an excellent defender) over 20 yards he just left him for dead and then with his finishing it was always going to be a goal

Vs the rags, when the ball is passed to Richards, Agüero just outside the 18 yard box about 2 yards behind 2 rag defenders,by the time the ball is passed(about 2-3 seconds later) he is in the 6 yard box 2 yards in FRONT of the defenders and tucks it away. Amazing Acceleration

The scary thing is thought is that he's still adjusting to the league and i think hes only about about 80-85% fit
Once he is fully fit and adjusted to the league he is really going to tear it up!!
God help Premiership defences!

Brilliant,brilliant player

He's rubbish and only here for the money.

Welbeck is brilliant and plays for free and he's only 12.

Ashley Young is better, he actually pays to play for the rags and is only 2months old.

That fat **** from Blackburn is the best though and he's only 4 days old.

TheMightyQuinn said:

Ashley Young is better, he actually pays to play for the rags and is only 2months old.

you forgot Duncan 'Cleverley' Edwards

squirtyflower said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

you forgot Duncan 'Cleverley' Edwards

If Cleverley was playing on Sunday, we'd have got beat 6-1. It's as simple as that and he's only 1 hour old and plays for free.

Jumanji said:
Gingers Dad said:
Jumanji said:
His workrate isn't low though because he's lazy. He isn't.

He's very much like Torres in that he expects his team mates to put him through on goal and spends a lot of time high up the pitch finding space and riding on the shoulder of defenders.

Gerrard allowed Torres to do this at pool and now Mata is accomodating Torres' playing style at Chelsea.

Thing though with Aguero, this is why he's always been a second striker. Playing with two different types of strikers is beneficial because you can reap all the offensive rewards. Right now we have a striker that stays high up the pitch creating space for others, giving defenders something to worry about, while the other striker contribute more in the build up.

We're used to Tevez and we've not really had a striker of Aguero's playing style, so as fans we miss that workrate. But Aguero ain't no headless chicken as his off the ball movement is very intelligent. His game will really improve even more, at 23 years old, it just has to, and it will.
Correct, you don't want your marksman out on the wing chasing down lost causes. You what him timing his 6 to 8 yard bursts in front of goal, just like Aguero did for his goal on Sunday.

To quote Cloughie, "You need 3 pianists and 7 piano shifters in a team". Although I think that has changed a bit in this era, Aguero is definitely one of the pianists.
Not sure if he's a pianist, but it's just how he plays. There are many types of strikers, and he's more like Torres to be honest in playing style. Not surprising as they're both Ahtletico formed.

Allow me to comment on this Aguero and Torres statement Jumanji: Aguero made his debut at the age of 15 in Club Atletico Independiente (my team), and he already played the way the world knows now. And they only played together for one year for Atletico Madrid (thank God he left that team!).
As regards his fitness, even though Kun is not at 100%, you will never see him do the work Tevez does. Sergio is much clever, always keeping the defenders busy where it hurts the most: near the box and all along the offside line. As time goes by and his fitness improves, you will start seeing him more involved in the play creation, covering more areas during a match. He has great passing skills and a great shot, so even though his most important attribute is being one hell of a striker, it is usual in him (when he's 100% fit) to go back to 3/4 of the pitch and take the ball there. The way I see it, he is trying to avoid wasting energy (which he now lacks as the clock ticks) not only because of his almost null pre-season physical work, but also because he knows the kind of players City has, players who can assist him very easily (Silva above all) near the box.

I'm glad to see Kun is doing great, you not only have a star player, you also have a great human resource there: fantastic guy, winner, and believe it or not, leader too. Enjoy him, here in Argentina we cannot enjoy our star players for too long in our league. I hope you'll get the Premier this year.

Cheers!

As previously mentioned he hasn't even fully adapted to our team yet understandably, just imagine what he'll be capable of in the future.

"there was something in the air that night,
in blue and white,
Aguerro"

"he was scoring goals for you and me,
for Man City,
Aguerro"

:D

whothefisAlice said:
Kun Aguero said:
3rd best player in the world.Class.

Better than Xavi, Iniesta, and our Merlin???
I think you could make a case for it.

Think calling him the best striker in the world isn't unreasonable and no I don't consider Messi a striker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.