Sergio Aguero

bobmcfc said:
Blumers Bloomers said:
Cobwebcat said:
Man City hitman is now the most clinical in the history of the Premier League, more so than icons at Arsenal, Newcastle United and Manchester United.

Striking legends such as Didier Drogba at Chelsea, or Alan Shearer at Newcastle United, Thierry Henry at Arsenal or even Ruud van Nistelrooy at Manchester United were never as efficient as a forward currently plying his trade for a Premier League club… and it is not Liverpool's man-of-the-moment Luis Suarez, but Manchester City diamond Sergio Aguero.

According to the latest statistical data released by the Premier League, Sergio Aguero - who has scored more goals this season than the whole of Tottenham Hotspur combined - has the best minutes per goal ratio than any other striker who has scored 40+ goals in Premier League competition. To see how Kun compares to other legends of English football, see the table below…

PLAYER

Appearances

Goals

Minutes per goal

Sergio Aguero

Thierry Henry

Ruud van Nistelrooy

Alan Shearer

Aguero has been on terrific form this season, returning a nine-minute brace during his side's 6-0 rout of Tottenham Hotspur to take his season tally to date to ten; the first player this season to reach double figures.

The technically-exquisite Argentine's goal-scoring is punctuated further by his shooting accuracy - an astonishing 72% this season - as 23 of his 32 shots have found the target.

Furthermore, he has also created 20 chances, provided four assists and completed 82% of his 271 passes to show that his all-round attacking play places him in comparison to Liverpool's Suarez.

However, this latest data shows if Aguero maintains his current form - as the only player to boast a goal ratio that betters one every two hours - he may well leave England as the greatest forward the Premier League has seen.

They've just been talking about this on Monday Night Football. Great stat

Those are the stats that should bag you player of the season. If he doesn't win it this season then I will be stunned.

PhilJones9_33_620x_1707047a.jpg

Puppet Master Silva said:
gmckennasell said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
As good as Aguero is, he isn't in the same league as Messi and Ronaldo.

its all about opinions , i have stated the reason for my opinion , you havent backed your comment with anything constructive or an explanation of your opinion , to say aguero isnt in the same league , is just stupidity personified.

We all love Aguero, but no one needs to post any proof as to why he's not as good as Messi and Ronaldo.

I wouldnt swop aguero for messi or ronaldo , messi i believe would not have anywhere near the same impact in the premiership as he does in laliga , and ladyboy had a couple of good seasons , and then went for a holiday playing for madrid in la liga .The reason he wont come back to play for man yoooooooooooooooonited is because its too much like hard work , he would rather play in a league where has 4 big games a season and a team which is virtually unchallenged for 95% of their league games. Amazed how people are blinded by the media and the xbox / playstation / fifa 2013 generation of these "superstars" , Aguero is a better player and he will prove it over the next 3 to 4 seasons playing for Mancheser City F.C. in an ultra competitive league .

gmckennasell said:
gmckennasell said:
its all about opinions , i have stated the reason for my opinion , you havent backed your comment with anything constructive or an explanation of your opinion , to say aguero isnt in the same league , is just stupidity personified.

We all love Aguero, but no one needs to post any proof as to why he's not as good as Messi and Ronaldo.

I wouldnt swop aguero for messi or ronaldo , messi i believe would not have anywhere near the same impact in the premiership as he does in laliga , and ladyboy had a couple of good seasons , and then went for a holiday playing for madrid in la liga .The reason he wont come back to play for man yoooooooooooooooonited is because its too much like hard work , he would rather play in a league where has 4 big games a season and a team which is virtually unchallenged for 95% of their league games. Amazed how people are blinded by the media and the xbox / playstation / fifa 2013 generation of these "superstars" , Aguero is a better player and he will prove it over the next 3 to 4 seasons playing for Mancheser City F.C. in an ultra competitive league .
I don't know, Bilbao turned over United last season over two legs, Sociedad gave them a good game, Atletico are looking excellent once again. Move away from the foot of the table and their league has some good teams who would turn over a lot of teams in our league as well. Ronaldo won the Ballon D'or at United, to dismiss it as a couple of 'good seasons' is understating it. He won't move back as United do not have the same pull as they did a few years ago, but I think Ronaldo and Messi are the level above Aguero.

He could however get onto their level, by the end of the season and in the future. In my opinion of course.

gmckennasell said:
gmckennasell said:

I'm sure it has nothing to do with their goal scoring records, Champions League winners medals, transfer fee's or ballon d'ors.<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:17 pm --<br /><br />
BlueTG said:
Lancet Fluke said:
BlueTG said:
Equalled his seasons total for last season, tonight he did.

Are you Yoda?
Yoda? I'm afraid I am not.

Yoda you're not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.