Sergio Aguero

I thought our tempo improved when Kun came on. Before him it was all this tiki taka nonsense. A bit rusty but he'll come to form.

shaiomarali said:
I thought our tempo improved when Kun came on. Before him it was all this tiki taka nonsense. A bit rusty but he'll come to form.

Agreed

At least when he came on he was more direct and tried to beat a fucking man

Tempo improved

modgeblue said:
daxman said:
NQCitizen said:
Yaya would be the first player I'd drop. This need for him to touch the ball before every attack compromises our whole shape. Then he won't put in the defensive work either.
Harrassed more players than anyone else today. Won four tackles, second only to Milner who won 5. 80 touches on the ball, no one else within 15 touches of that. 91% pass completion, 2nd only to Garcia's 93%. Turnovers 0, dispossesed 0 (and this is the guy who touched the ball 2ice as many times as most on the field. Milner on the other hand 4 dispossessions and 2 turnovers, Rodwell 1 dispossession 2 turnovers, Nasri 2 dispossessions 1 turnover. Of all the other 3 midfielders none of them touched the ball half as many times as Yaya, yet they all lost the ball on multiple occassions. He never lost it ONCE!

The silly notion that Yaya is lazy, has become a self fulfilling myth. Sometimes he is gassed, and in some games he doesn't play well, but by and large he is often still heads and shoulders above those around him. Today, he was the only good midfielder on the field. Nasri tried with his possession a bit, but gave up too that silly possession to Jones and failed to find Jovetic too often. Milner tackled a lot (had 5) but gave up as many (6). Rodwell simply didn't show up to do anything,

This is why Yaya starts every game. He is that much better than all the others.

-- Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:35 am --

NQCitizen said:
Yaya would be the first player I'd drop. This need for him to touch the ball before every attack compromises our whole shape. Then he won't put in the defensive work either.

P.s: It is not a need. It is because no one else shows up to collect it. When Nasri does, Yaya moves up to provide an option, which he did 2 or 3 times when Nasri came back to pick up the play. Most of the other players simply don't want it.

WTF is a turnover , were not American,
When you have the ball and a tackle is made on you, that is a dispossession. I.e someone else caused it. A turnover is when you pass it to the wrong guy, or when you miss control a ball let it slip under your foot to the other team or for a throw in to the other team. In essence, you have given up the ball without being forced to.

But don't focus on that, instead focus on Yaya's stats. Which shows a level of excellence above everyone else in midfield, yet he is the one folks here are focusing on. If there was a weakness in midfield today in terms of Creativity, look no further than Rodwell and Milner. They both brought nothing offensively to the game today. And this is why they often don't start.

Great performance tonight, shades of his best.

That will do his confidence and match sharpness a world of good

was pretty mediocre for the first 30, but was superb after that. probably just getting his feet under him, lacked preseason

AntiUnited said:
Bench. overrated, never passes, selfish, and is living off 2 season agos form. dzeko and neg up top simple as that.

Gift wrapped one for Dzeko tonight, superb performance Sergio!

kenzie115 said:
AntiUnited said:
Bench. overrated, never passes, selfish, and is living off 2 season agos form. dzeko and neg up top simple as that.

Gift wrapped one for Dzeko tonight, superb performance Sergio!

And tee'd another up that Dzeko could have scored. He's not selfish, he just varies his attacks, sometimes trying the dribbling one-man attack (Messi style) and sometimes making the pass (like the Dzeko goal). The angry Dzeko mob have been crucifying Aguero while he's been trying to play himself into form after having no pre-season. I think Dzeko and Aguero have assisted 3 or so of each others' goals now.

pudge said:
Great performance tonight, shades of his best.

That will do his confidence and match sharpness a world of good

Don't agree he was great but I agree he is showing shades of his best...would put it down on sharpness and match fitness...he is still catching up to other players...he was everywhere though...he should be showing his best in the next couple of games...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.