Sergio Aguero

strongbowholic said:
Yep, he misses a few, but show me a striker who doesn't. If you are a boring twat like me, why not watch just him for about 20 mins of the game only. You will see then the amount of really intelligent runs he makes, pulling defenders out of position for others to run into. Even when we don't bother to exploit the gaps he creates he just carries on (as you'd expect), rarely lets his head drop and scores some great goals. The one he got today was reminiscent of the QPR winner.

Such a tricky, intelligent and seemingly underrated player. I would never drop him and if him and Negredo click properly, fuck me, it will produce some amount of goals.

One of THE greatest signings we have EVER made.

aguero is okay upfront. but he cant defend. he is not good behind the main striker as a 9.5 , and thats a problem because we need that kind of players who can drop deep.

I'm not arsed about him defending to be honest. 39 goals in 70 appearances allied to a blossoming partnership with Negredo tells me the kid is hugely important for us and deserves his place week in, week out. For me, he is often worth the admission fee on his own.

bluethunder said:
strongbowholic said:
Yep, he misses a few, but show me a striker who doesn't. If you are a boring twat like me, why not watch just him for about 20 mins of the game only. You will see then the amount of really intelligent runs he makes, pulling defenders out of position for others to run into. Even when we don't bother to exploit the gaps he creates he just carries on (as you'd expect), rarely lets his head drop and scores some great goals. The one he got today was reminiscent of the QPR winner.

Such a tricky, intelligent and seemingly underrated player. I would never drop him and if him and Negredo click properly, fuck me, it will produce some amount of goals.

aguero is okay upfront. but he cant defend. he is not good behind the main striker as a 9.5 , and thats a problem because we need that kind of players who can drop deep.
He can't defend? Have you seen the running he puts in in order to chase back? Have you ever been to the stadium and watched or do you get your info from The BBC and Sky? The man doesn't give in and today played a lot of the second half deeper so the midfield weren't isolated and overrun.
That and he's a fucking world class centre forward capable of game changing moments of magic.
He's "ok" up front, fuckinell...

Manchester City today extended their home scoring streak to 54 Premier League matches - almost three years since they last failed to net in a league match at home.

Interesting statistic: City have never lost a game when Aguero has scored – 30 games, 28 wins, two draws

Pablo1 said:
bluethunder said:
strongbowholic said:

He can't defend? Have you seen the running he puts in in order to chase back? Have you ever been to the stadium and watched or do you get your info from The BBC and Sky? The man doesn't give in and today played a lot of the second half deeper so the midfield weren't isolated and overrun.
That and he's a fucking world class centre forward capable of game changing moments of magic.

he can defend can he ? where was he in the bayern munich game ? people complained about the midfield geting over run .. well .. why didnt aguero drop a little deeper and help out in midfield ? oh wait , he cant.

what about agueros pressing game ? is it any good ? no its not. bayern munich had so much possesion because the likes of aguero, dzeko, nasri and navas are poor at pressing high up the pitch.

bluethunder said:
strongbowholic said:

"Aguero is okay upfront...he is not good behind a striker"?

I thought I had heard it all.

DTeacher said:
Manchester City today extended their home scoring streak to 54 Premier League matches - almost three years since they last failed to net in a league match at home.

Interesting statistic: City have never lost a game when Aguero has scored – 30 games, 28 wins, two draws
I'm assuming that second stat is league games

bluethunder said:
Pablo1 said:
bluethunder said:

he can defend can he ? where was he in the bayern munich game ? people complained about the midfield geting over run .. well .. why didnt aguero drop a little deeper and help out in midfield ? oh wait , he cant.
He was where he was told to be in the Bayern game, unfortunately the blame for Wednesdays debacle was down to our manager, not the lad who has already scored some of the best, not to mention important goals of the last 3 seasons.
If you don't rate the lad that's your perogative , it just makes it hard to take you serious on any other subject.

bluethunder said:
Pablo1 said:
bluethunder said:

what about agueros pressing game ? is it any good ? no its not. bayern munich had so much possesion because the likes of aguero, dzeko, nasri and navas are poor at pressing high up the pitch.

If you can't see what Aguero does in each game and you only think he is "ok" upfront... then you shall now be renamed "Bluethundercunt"

pudge said:
DTeacher said:

I'm assuming that second stat is league games

Not sure to be honest lol. I just got the info from Yahoo and posted the relevant bit about City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.