Sergio Aguero

Ric said:
Wasn't at his sharpest today, and uncharacteristically missed a couple of great opportunities. Took his goal superbly however.

Id argue it's not uncharacteristic at all. On the contrary I thought it was reasonably accepted that he will regularly spoon easy chances whilst scoring wonder goals.

If he put in the back of the net every decent chance made for him (which he still has to be in the right position to mess up) he'd be a 50 goal a season player!

DTeacher said:
pudge said:
DTeacher said:
Manchester City today extended their home scoring streak to 54 Premier League matches - almost three years since they last failed to net in a league match at home.

Interesting statistic: City have never lost a game when Aguero has scored – 30 games, 28 wins, two draws
I'm assuming that second stat is league games

Not sure to be honest lol. I just got the info from Yahoo and posted the relevant bit about City.

Must be league games, as Aguero scored in the 3-2 FA Cup defeat against United a couple of seasons ago.

Pablo1 said:
bluethunder said:
Pablo1 said:
He can't defend? Have you seen the running he puts in in order to chase back? Have you ever been to the stadium and watched or do you get your info from The BBC and Sky? The man doesn't give in and today played a lot of the second half deeper so the midfield weren't isolated and overrun.
That and he's a fucking world class centre forward capable of game changing moments of magic.
He's "ok" up front, fuckinell...

he can defend can he ? where was he in the bayern munich game ? people complained about the midfield geting over run .. well .. why didnt aguero drop a little deeper and help out in midfield ? oh wait , he cant.
He was where he was told to be in the Bayern game, unfortunately the blame for Wednesdays debacle was down to our manager, not the lad who has already scored some of the best, not to mention important goals of the last 3 seasons.
If you don't rate the lad that's your perogative , it just makes it hard to take you serious on any other subject.

the two strikers, navas and nasri were supposed to press bayern munich. they couldnt do it. pressing high up the pitch is a big part of our game now. aguero just isnt good enough when it comes to defending and helping out in midfield, like tevez used to do. hes a good striker though, good finisher, i wont take that away from him.

the different between me and fanboys like yourself is that im not afraid to point out the weaknesses of our players.

bluethunder said:
Pablo1 said:
bluethunder said:
he can defend can he ? where was he in the bayern munich game ? people complained about the midfield geting over run .. well .. why didnt aguero drop a little deeper and help out in midfield ? oh wait , he cant.
He was where he was told to be in the Bayern game, unfortunately the blame for Wednesdays debacle was down to our manager, not the lad who has already scored some of the best, not to mention important goals of the last 3 seasons.
If you don't rate the lad that's your perogative , it just makes it hard to take you serious on any other subject.

the two strikers, navas and nasri were supposed to press bayern munich. they couldnt do it. pressing high up the pitch is a big part of our game now. aguero just isnt good enough when it comes to defending and helping out in midfield, like tevez used to do. hes a good striker though, good finisher, i wont take that away from him.

the different between me and fanboys like yourself is that im not afraid to point out the weaknesses of our players.

Navas is a striker?

Ric said:
DTeacher said:
pudge said:

Not sure to be honest lol. I just got the info from Yahoo and posted the relevant bit about City.

Must be league games, as Aguero scored in the 3-2 FA Cup defeat against United a couple of seasons ago.

Looking at it again, I would concur, particularly as a reference is made to home scoring streak in PREMIER League matches.

bluethunder said:
Pablo1 said:
bluethunder said:

He's by no means the perfect player but most of your assessment of him is wrong, his running is one of the parts of his game that he does so well. You're bang on I'm a fan of his, he's magic that's why.

Ric said:
bluethunder said:
Pablo1 said:

Navas is a striker?

I think he means Aguero and Dzeko as the 2 and then Navas and Nasri supposed to press as well etc...

By the way, I completely disagree with BlueThunder's poor assessment...

DTeacher said:
pudge said:
DTeacher said:
Manchester City today extended their home scoring streak to 54 Premier League matches - almost three years since they last failed to net in a league match at home.

Interesting statistic: City have never lost a game when Aguero has scored – 30 games, 28 wins, two draws

He scored when we lost to United in the FA Cup 2 years ago.

Even if they have forgotten that our win rate when he scores is still remarkable.

EDIT: Beaten to it lol

Even more remarkable

Pablo1 said:
bluethunder said:
Pablo1 said:

He's by no means the perfect player but most of your assessment of him is wrong, his running is one of the parts of his game that he does so well. You're bang on I'm a fan of his, he's magic that's why.

he runs alot but never seems to win he ball or make the opposition unformtable on the ball. i mean just look how comfortable bayern munich were.

do you agree with me that aguero isnt a 9.5 like Tevez and Rooney ? how often do we see aguero dropping deep and helping out in midfield ? we actually see negredo and dzeko dropping deep because aguero wont do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.