Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks a beast to me.
Far to good to be loaned out Imo.
From what I’ve seen so far he looks a big upgrade on Zinchenko.
I bet Pep can’t wait to work with him to iron out the obvious flaws in his game.

Good news, despite the original logic

I think it’s about time we approached it this way and it points towards Pep having the confidence to develop with the security blanket of experience we have… I think he mentioned Cole 5/6 times in his presser, it’s very exciting he’s gonna take a measured gamble on youth, really pleased!

Looks a beast to me.
Far to good to be loaned out Imo.
From what I’ve seen so far he looks a big upgrade on Zinchenko.
I bet Pep can’t wait to work with him to iron out the obvious flaws in his game.
I think that’s a little hyperbolic. He’s quicker than Zinchenko. He may become better than him, but he’s only had one season as a left back in the Belgian league.

Why do people keep using this? What did Cucurella do to deserve an infantile nickname (that a 10 year old would be embarrased to use) ? He handed in a transfer request to try and get to City, he said he wanted to come here.

I know it's the school summer holidays but come on, we're surely better than this.
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F4f352eaa-e686-11e8-b4e6-5632a3a9d8ab.jpg

I think that’s a little hyperbolic. He’s quicker than Zinchenko. He may become better than him, but he’s only had one season as a left back in the Belgian league.

I think hes better than Zinchenko when he arrived (2017) and he’s got the potential to be better in the future because he has raw attributes Zinchenko lacks, but he’s almost certainly not as good today.

We won’t know how far behind he is until we see him play 15 games or so.

I think hes better than Zinchenko when he arrived (2017) and he’s got the potential to be better in the future, but he’s probably not as good today.
Which was my point really.

His glass ceiling may well be higher and he has 30 games more at left back than Zinchenko had when he came back to us from his loan spell.

This season will be really important in Gomez’s development. If he takes to Pepball, we may have a really good left back in 18 months or so, but we will need to be patient with him this season.

I’m only going on what I’ve watched in the last few days.
He ball skills look very similar to Cancelo’s, and way above Zin’s imo.
Maybe he needs to beef a little (a bit like Phil a few years ago).
But he looks a proper Pep player to me ;)

I’m only going on what I’ve watched in the last few days.
He ball skills look very similar to Cancelo’s, and way above Zin’s imo.
Maybe he needs to beef a little (a bit like Phil a few years ago).
But he looks a proper Pep player to me ;)
Absolutely with you on the last part.

Wonder which position Pep will pick for him to play.

Probably keeper.

I think in fairness, Gomez himself didn't start out as a Leftback. As a lot of the plays on the highlight reel showed him at Right mid. Also his crossfield passes were reminiscent of what Zinny does at the national team level.

I believe last year might have been his 1st or 2nd full season at Leftback. But the intensity an interest in pressing and the technique on the ball are all similar ( might I say slightly better) than Zinny's.

For what it's worth he was a highly regarded youth attacking mid at Barca.

I'm trying to hold back my excitement here, but this has always been my kinda Leftback. :)
I think if that’s the case then he fits the bill for Pep perfectly - a midfielder in every position! Got a good feeling about this guy. Can see Grealish enjoying it better on the left with him overlapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.