Sergio Ramos

We'd concede an obscenely high amount of dangerous free-kicks with both he and Kompany as our centre backs.

Kompany is one of the best defenders in the world...Only on Bluemoon can he have one poor season and be declared shite

He will be back next season as good as ever IMO

The fact that some on here decide to slag him off is nothing short of embarrassing

Fuck me he's had one bad season which has also happened to Ramos as well. How bout we give him next season before writing him off huh?
He actually didn't have a great season the season before either. Kompany realistically had an exceptional 18 months (yet still got beaten by Armand Traore to put us behind in the most important game in that period) and a pretty poor 18 months. It's not a question of being off form it's a question of him approaching the game in a completely unsuitable way.

If you think that puts him at the level of world cup winning, champions league winning Sergio Ramos then fair enough.

He actually didn't have a great season the season before either. Kompany realistically had an exceptional 18 months (yet still got beaten by Armand Traore to put us behind in the most important game in that period) and a pretty poor 18 months. It's not a question of being off form it's a question of him approaching the game in a completely unsuitable way.

If you think that puts him at the level of world cup winning, champions league winning Sergio Ramos then fair enough.

I'm not saying Ramos is bad but he won those with Spain at the time easily the best team in the world and Real Madrid a team filled to brim with world class players and the second best player in the world. You can't use that to prove he's better than Kompany as if Kompany was Spanish he'd have walked into their team and won a world cup medal himself.

I'm not saying Ramos is bad but he won those with Spain at the time easily the best team in the world and Real Madrid a team filled to brim with world class players and the second best player in the world. You can't use that to prove he's better than Kompany as if Kompany was Spanish he'd have walked into their team and won a world cup medal himself.
If Kompany was Spanish he'd have been watching Ramos and Pique lift a world cup from the bench.

We'd concede an obscenely high amount of dangerous free-kicks with both he and Kompany as our centre backs.

Good point there, Ramos is rather reckless, possibly more so than Kompany. I'm sure he's professional enough to curb it though and adapt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.