Sergio Ramos

Why do you think Everton would let us have John Stones cheap, when they wanted 20 odd mil for Lescott 6 years go ?

If we wanted to sign cbs with potential, there will be less expensive & possibly better ones than John Stones knocking around Europe, & we also have at least 3 kids at City, plus Denayer (who imo is way better than Stones in every way except physical size) who have a decent chance of coming through in the next 3/4/ 5/6 years.

I don't want Ramos but I don't want us to clog up the team with 'potential' brought in from elsewhere when we don't actually need to.

All I said is imo he would be a better signing than ramos! Not really seen much of denyer but reports seem promising! I think we are covered for this season but in the future I would like to see stones replace demi unless we unearth another gem!

All I said is imo he would be a better signing than ramos! Not really seen much of denyer but reports seem promising! I think we are covered for this season but in the future I would like to see stones replace demi unless we unearth another gem!

Maybe, but he wouldn't be cheap & perhaps signing him at this time would send the wrong message.

I'm just making the point about the timing really.

Right now, it is time to show faith in our top academy product imo, which at this moment, is Denayer. I firmly believe that if we had these academy kids available pre takeover, about 8 or 10 of them would be considered already for the first team squad & probably all had some time on the pitch. We have 3 Prem cbs in Kompany, Demichelis (who was better than Otamendi again last night, but I'm not going in that thread!) & Mangala, plus Sagna who can play cb. Denayer has done everything we could ask of a young player & is way ahead of any kid of that age, who has ever come through at City in all the years I have supported the team, by the fact he is a proven full international in a top international team, & a title winner. Paul Lake for instance was nowhere near that level of experience/stature when he made his debut.

John Stones has played in a unit at Everton, but had an absolute mare for the U21s the other day, all over the place, whilst Denayer is shouting instructions to Alderweirald, Vertonghen etc for the full Belgian team & looking twice as good as either.

At some point, we have to trust one of these kids, & if we can't do that with Denayer, with all he has achieved, what chance do any of the others have ?

If he proves unable to do the job, then we already have 3 other cbs, & at least he knows, & the academy knows, that it's not all bullshit, & hard work plus talent will get you a shot. But signing players for a unit where he is already 4th choice, is just telling the kid, & all the kids, we are not going to trust any of them even when we have cover.

Given Pellegrini's comments about Ramos that I've read today, I think there could be some serious mileage in this..

He mentions a group of players in answer to an unrelated question. Doesn't mean he has plans to sign any of them.

I know it doesn't mean he has plans to sign him but with the respect he obviously has for him, if he has become available then surely he'd be considering a move for him?!

I wouldn't mind us courting Ramos just to piss on the Rags' chips. Either we get him because we can, or we drive up the price for them. Funny either way.

I don’t think he is going anywhere, just looking for probably his last chance to renegotiate his contract while at his prime and an established starter in the team. All speculation helps him in this regard however his mum spilt the beans with her comments.

I seriously hope we go nowhere near Ramos. Didn't his agent come out and say he only wanted to negotiate with Manchester United? Pellegrini needs to learn to think before speaking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.