Sergio Ramos

I seriously hope we go nowhere near Ramos. Didn't his agent come out and say he only wanted to negotiate with Manchester United? Pellegrini needs to learn to think before speaking.

That's what the press have said, however it doesn't mean it's true.

Ramos would be class in the Prem, whether it be for City or United.

I will agree to disagree. His positional play is awful. Only ever played with the worlds best and at 29 has seen his better days. I'd rather stick with what we have rather than spunking £30m on a name.

I seriously hope we go nowhere near Ramos. Didn't his agent come out and say he only wanted to negotiate with Manchester United? Pellegrini needs to learn to think before speaking.

I don't know what his agent said but his Mother came out and said he wants to stay at Madrid.

My point isnt about what his agent said my point is what Pellegrini says after Ramos and the rags have been getting cosy together.

I will agree to disagree. His positional play is awful. Only ever played with the worlds best and at 29 has seen his better days. I'd rather stick with what we have rather than spunking £30m on a name.

He's only ever played with the world's best, perhaps because he is one of the world's best.

What a strange comments that is! Messi has only played with the world's best and that quite clearly doesn't take anything away from his ability.

Right now, it is time to show faith in our top academy product imo, which at this moment, is Denayer. I firmly believe that if we had these academy kids available pre takeover, about 8 or 10 of them would be considered already for the first team squad & probably all had some time on the pitch. We have 3 Prem cbs in Kompany, Demichelis (who was better than Otamendi again last night, but I'm not going in that thread!) & Mangala, plus Sagna who can play cb. Denayer has done everything we could ask of a young player & is way ahead of any kid of that age, who has ever come through at City in all the years I have supported the team, by the fact he is a proven full international in a top international team, & a title winner. Paul Lake for instance was nowhere near that level of experience/stature when he made his debut.

John Stones has played in a unit at Everton, but had an absolute mare for the U21s the other day, all over the place, whilst Denayer is shouting instructions to Alderweirald, Vertonghen etc for the full Belgian team & looking twice as good as either.

At some point, we have to trust one of these kids, & if we can't do that with Denayer, with all he has achieved, what chance do any of the others have ?

If he proves unable to do the job, then we already have 3 other cbs, & at least he knows, & the academy knows, that it's not all bullshit, & hard work plus talent will get you a shot. But signing players for a unit where he is already 4th choice, is just telling the kid, & all the kids, we are not going to trust any of them even when we have cover.
Great post.

I don't think its a strange comment at all and to use Messi as an example is daft. Anyway regardless I simply don't rate him. Iv'e seen him enough times to know his game isn't suited to the prem and his better days are past him.There are much better targets out there for half that money.

John Stones better signing than Ramos. Love that one, proper Transfer Forum stuff

21 year old who performs well against the best teams in the league, superb in possession with huge scope for improvement, or an almost 30 year old who's got an awful disciplinary record, and can't establish himself at centre half in his peak? Whoever signs Stones will get a far better deal and quality/longevity of service than United will when they sign Ramos.

Why do you think Everton would let us have John Stones cheap, when they wanted 20 odd mil for Lescott 6 years go ?

If we wanted to sign cbs with potential, there will be less expensive & possibly better ones than John Stones knocking around Europe, & we also have at least 3 kids at City, plus Denayer (who imo is way better than Stones in every way except physical size) who have a decent chance of coming through in the next 3/4/ 5/6 years.

I don't want Ramos but I don't want us to clog up the team with 'potential' brought in from elsewhere when we don't actually need to.

Denayer is better than John Stones? Based on what exactly? I like Denayer, but they're currently incomparable. Stones-Denayer would be a well balanced partnership moving forward.

Stones isn't just potential; he has all the tools to become world class in the right environment, but bare minimum he's already a very good Premier League central defender.

Thinking about it if Vinny gets his form back we have almost the perfect set up at centre back so why rock the boat. Vinny & Mangala first choice with Denayer and MDM for the cups and a few of the so called easier home games in the league. We don't actually need anyone.

21 year old who performs well against the best teams in the league, superb in possession with huge scope for improvement, or an almost 30 year old who's got an awful disciplinary record, and can't establish himself at centre half in his peak? Whoever signs Stones will get a far better deal and quality/longevity of service than United will when they sign Ramos.

You do realise one is up against a 37 year old with no pace at Everton and the other has been a Real Madrid regular for 7 years right? And you think Denayer and Stones are incomparable? How's Stones getting on for England u21s btw? Denayers in the senior squad of a much better national team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.