Serial Killer at large in Manchester?

Blue Smarties said:
What I'd also like to know if it's simply down to drunken young men stumbling into water and being found floating, why the sudden increase? Why weren't bodies being pulled out every few months in the early 00's and late 90's?

maybe they were but with the online age now you didn't hear about it as much or maybe it wasn't as widely reported back then. I find out things on here that happen across the rest of Manchester that I'd have no idea about if I didn't come on here and talk to people from other parts of the city.

Who was that Superhero we had from Salford ? Perhaps we could get him to patrol the canal paths after midnight issuing drunken young men with water wings and other flotation devices. We could call him "Armband Man".

Hamann Pineapple said:
Who was that Superhero we had from Salford ? Perhaps we could get him to patrol the canal paths after midnight issuing drunken young men with water wings and other flotation devices. We could call him "Armband Man".

You could be our new canal Zsár?

acquiesce said:
All I see is people asking questions and wondering if it could be a serial killer. I guess the easiest question is, "Is there proof that this wasn't/isn't a serial killer?"

Until I see proof that all these are accidental drownings, I think any theory is viable given a scenario is realistic. No harm in questioning things. It's a relatively free world, you don't like the topic, move along.

So everyone is guilty until they are proven innocent?

This drowning made the national news though.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23587175" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23587175</a>

JoeMercer'sWay said:
that any help?
johnmc said:
Uncle Wally One Ball said:
Unexplained is not suspicious. If things were suspicious, then it would be termed such. Unexplained and suspicious are two separate and specific terms

I never said unexplained means suspicious though - unexplained means it cant be explained doesnt it so it could be any reason that they can not pinpoint.

You obviously know your stuff regarding this then. Is there a "drowning" verdict that could be used? Or do certain things have to be in place.

[bigimg]http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/1616/images/uksi_20131616_en_004[/bigimg]

that any help?

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:49 pm

johnmc
Post subject: Re: Serial Killer at large in Manchester?

Uncle Wally One Ball wrote:
Unexplained is not suspicious. If things were suspicious, then it would be termed such. Unexplained and suspicious are two separate and specific terms

I never said unexplained means suspicious though - unexplained means it cant be explained doesnt it so it could be any reason that they can not pinpoint.

You obviously know your stuff regarding this then. Is there a "drowning" verdict that could be used? Or do certain things have to be in place.
Uncle Wally One Ball said:

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:36 pm

Ha - yes and no. Unexplained isnt even on there - so I guess it an open verdict that they have been recorded as.

Could easily use accident, misadventure or alcohol related though. It would be a reasonable assumption.

Someone answer me this, if they had simply fallen into the canal and been conscious, couldn't get out and then drowned, then their lungs would have been filled with water, as they took there last breaths and inhaled water hence the cause of death would state "drowned". However, in the cases listed in this thread, the cause of death is "unknown", which indicates they were dead, or unconscious before entering the water. If it was simply a drunk person falling into the canal then why would the cause of death not just say "drowned"?

rickmcfc said:
Someone answer me this, if they had simply fallen into the canal and been conscious, couldn't get out and then drowned, then their lungs would have been filled with water, as they took there last breaths and inhaled water hence the cause of death would state "drowned". However, in the cases listed in this thread, the cause of death is "unknown", which indicates they were dead, or unconscious before entering the water. If it was simply a drunk person falling into the canal then why would the cause of death not just say "drowned"?

Previous page mate - drowned isnt an option for a coroner

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.