Serial Killer at large in Manchester?

Found these on another website...if you also include the recent deaths. It does seem quite odd?

3rd Jan 2013 - Neil Marsom, 32 - Body found in River Goyt
1st Jan 2013 - Souvik Pal, 19 - last seen by the warehouse project canal
1st Jan 2013 - Mike Simpson, 22 - body found in River Goyt
9th June 2012 - Simon Brass 40 - drowned
7th june 2012 - Chris Brahney, 22 - body found in salford canal
2nd Jan 2012 - Gurdeep Hayer, 20 - body found in river, york street

Oohvonkyvonky said:
Found these on another website...if you also include the recent deaths. It does seem quite odd?

That's still a large catchment area for a serial killer to be operating in though. And they would have to render the victim unconscious to ensure they drowned when they went in the water and didn't survive to report they'd been attacked. Have any of the post-mortems indicated any type of injuries associated with the cause of death?

The Flash said:
Oohvonkyvonky said:

That's still a large catchment area for a serial killer to be operating in though. And they would have to render the victim unconscious to ensure they drowned when they went in the water and didn't survive to report they'd been attacked. Have any of the post-mortems indicated any type of injuries associated with the cause of death?

I don't know I'm too lazy to do my own research into each case. From a few articles I read though (briefly) there was a couple of muggings and all seemed to be on their way home from a night out.

Oohvonkyvonky said:
The Flash said:
Oohvonkyvonky said:

I don't know I'm too lazy to do my own research into each case. From a few articles I read though (briefly) there was a couple of muggings and all seemed to be on their way home from a night out.

The two that happened on New Years Day are some distance apart and would mean the perpertrator hanging around one area to push the first guy in and then travelling to the second location in the hope someone else turned up? Then more hanging around the River Goyt two nights later in anticipation of another 'victim' walking along to meet their fate?

And they only strike in January and June?

The Flash said:
Oohvonkyvonky said:

As someone who has read the whole of Val McDermid's, Wire in the Blood series and is currently half way through Mo Hayder's, DI Jack Cafffery series, I think it's pretty safe to assume there is no greater authority on serial killers in the Manchester area than myself.

So I can tell you, our man is white, 25-35. Local. Probably North Manchester as they mostly seem a bit odd. He was banged up between June 2012 and Jan 2013. Check court records for people receiving 12 month sentences last June. He's a loner. Probably lives alone. If not, with at least one other person. He operates at night. Probably sleeps during the day. I suspect unemployed. Do a door to door and see if there's anyone in the Manchester area who neighbours know to not be in work and seem a bit of a lazy twat. He's got an obsession with water. Check the database of all local swimming baths. Or fishing clubs. He likes killing people so I reckon he's a bit of a nutter. Ask the neighbours if they know any nutters.

I've got a few leads to chase up myself so get back to me with your short list and leave the rest to me.

tidyman said:
The Flash said:
Oohvonkyvonky said:

As someone who has read the whole of Val McDermid's, Wire in the Blood series and is currently half way through Mo Hayder's, DI Jack Cafffery series, I think it's pretty safe to assume there is no greater authority on serial killers in the Manchester area than myself.

So I can tell you, our man is white, 25-35. Local. Probably North Manchester as they mostly seem a bit odd. He was banged up between June 2012 and Jan 2013. Check court records for people receiving 12 month sentences last June. He's a loner. Probably lives alone. If not, with at least one other person. He operates at night. Probably sleeps during the day. I suspect unemployed. Do a door to door and see if there's anyone in the Manchester area who neighbours know to not be in work and seem a bit of a lazy twat. He's got an obsession with water. Check the database of all local swimming baths. Or fishing clubs. He likes killing people so I reckon he's a bit of a nutter. Ask the neighbours if they know any nutters.

I've got a few leads to chase up myself so get back to me with your short list and leave the rest to me.

Excellent deduction tidyman, so to re-cap:

I'm looking for a white nutter, mid 20's to 30's from North Manchester who's a loner or living with someone, bit of a waster, likes water and has neighbours?

I'm on it.

tidyman said:
The Flash said:
Oohvonkyvonky said:

Also, just to narrow it down further, ask the neighbours if they know anyone who, "seems like a really nice bloke who just keeps himself to himself".

This thread: <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=288047&p=7004209&hilit=fishing#p7004209" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=288047&p=7004209&hilit=fishing#p7004209</a> is all about golf, however some posters mention "fishing".

Fishing - water - golf clubs = modus operandi + alibi.

Book 'em Danno!

2sheikhs said:
tidyman said:
The Flash said:

Also, just to narrow it down further, ask the neighbours if they know anyone who, "seems like a really nice bloke who just keeps himself to himself".

Good work boys. Although, I think that the likes water is a red herring (Just a term, I don't mean an actual fish) - I reckon he doesn't like water and is trying to "hurt" said water by pushing objects/people on to it?!

We could be legendary if we solve this...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.